Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Tweak for Ethernet input
(16-Jul-2014, 12:45)Hermanh Wrote: I recived the magic potion (stabilant 22) today.
I won't wait till christmas moon though Smile

Hermanh,

Do you have any experience yet or are you waiting for the next full moon? Smile

Kunter
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(21-Jul-2014, 15:42)Kunter Wrote:
(16-Jul-2014, 12:45)Hermanh Wrote: I recived the magic potion (stabilant 22) today.
I won't wait till christmas moon though Smile

Hermanh,

Do you have any experience yet or are you waiting for the next full moon? Smile

Kunter

I have not found the time yet, sorry....
Devialet 440 pro CI, Shunyata Research Sigma S/PDIF RCA link, In-Akustik Referenz LS-4004 Air , B&W 802 Diamond.
Aurender N10, SR Sigma AES/EBU 
2x Paul Pang OCXO dual switch, SR Sigma Ethernet, Acousense GISO GB Lan Isolator
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
SR Denali 6000/S V2, SR Alpha NR PL C19, Naim PL C15
IsoAcoustics Gaia I, Orea Bronze & Indigo
I finally found the time to experiment:

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Stabilant...31#pid3031
Devialet 440 pro CI, Shunyata Research Sigma S/PDIF RCA link, In-Akustik Referenz LS-4004 Air , B&W 802 Diamond.
Aurender N10, SR Sigma AES/EBU 
2x Paul Pang OCXO dual switch, SR Sigma Ethernet, Acousense GISO GB Lan Isolator
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
SR Denali 6000/S V2, SR Alpha NR PL C19, Naim PL C15
IsoAcoustics Gaia I, Orea Bronze & Indigo
(09-Jun-2014, 10:57)agentsmith Wrote: Somewhat a skeptic on the differences made by expensive USB and Ethernet cables, I have been astonished by a recent cheap and simple tweak I did to my D200 Ethernet input.

All it took was a pair of Ethernet media converters that converts my Ethernet switch UTP CAT7 signals to fiber and back to CAT7 into the Devialet.  I used a Teddy Pardo 5V linear power supply to power the Media convertors to ensure quality power.

The convertor is similar to the ones below:
http://www.computercablestore.com/Fast_E...D4415.aspx

This resulted in substantial increase in clarity and overall "blackness". It was no slouch before but this proves to be quite an improvement for me.

This is a cheap tweak and I encourage you to try it out and tell us if your experience is similar and I am not imagining things.

Hi,

Sorry for this belated response.  I've just got to know this wonderful tweak a few days ago after reading Michael Lavorna's report on AudioStream and all related links.  Long story short, I'm enjoying the isolated audio network using a pair of Media Converters and a length of fiber cable.

Thank you for discovering this tweak two years before some others including me get to know about and try it with positive results one to two years after.
(10-Jun-2014, 17:32)Antoine Wrote: Interesting! I did check out if the Devialet's ethernet input is galvanically isolated and it is. You can see the TDK tla-6t118lf pulse transformer in the lower left corner of the image below.

I'm wondering what the ethernet media converter could add more, especially if/when you use an unearthed ethernet cable. Maybe it's a "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" thing. Smile

More info on the TDK part: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en...-ND/607185

[Image: Interfaces_numeriques-8.jpg]

Besides the galvanic isolation contribute to different SQ, I wonder not all input's upsampling is handle by the BB SRC4392 above.  As the ethernet input support DSD64 decode by MAT (MINIMAL ARITHMETIC TRANSFORM) running in FPGA, will it actually handle the upsampling for PCM from network streaming as well ?

Any idea on this ?
Roon HQP > sotm sms-200 > mutec (Cybershaft) > 220 Pro > Cardas Cygnus > Avalon IDEA
Denali 2000T
(16-Jul-2017, 05:15)Kwan Wrote:
(10-Jun-2014, 17:32)Antoine Wrote: Interesting! I did check out if the Devialet's ethernet input is galvanically isolated and it is. You can see the TDK tla-6t118lf pulse transformer in the lower left corner of the image below.

I'm wondering what the ethernet media converter could add more, especially if/when you use an unearthed ethernet cable. Maybe it's a "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" thing. Smile

More info on the TDK part: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en...-ND/607185

Besides the galvanic isolation contribute to different SQ, I wonder not all input's upsampling is handle by the BB SRC4392 above.  As the ethernet input support DSD64 decode by MAT (MINIMAL ARITHMETIC TRANSFORM) running in FPGA, will it actually handle the upsampling for PCM from network streaming as well ?

Any idea on this ?

Hello, maybe it helps!

Attached Files
.pdf   edlan_tla-17237.pdf (Size: 92.02 KB / Downloads: 20)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(16-Jul-2017, 09:16)K4680 Wrote:
(16-Jul-2017, 05:15)Kwan Wrote:

Any idea on this ?

Hello, maybe it helps!

Other type, inside

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   edlan_tla-17237.pdf (Size: 92.02 KB / Downloads: 9)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Sorry my question is who is doing the up sampling for the Ethernet input.
Roon HQP > sotm sms-200 > mutec (Cybershaft) > 220 Pro > Cardas Cygnus > Avalon IDEA
Denali 2000T