Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Cables
Nordost Fry 2 is almost 3000 Euro's for a 400!!!

I really want to try some of the cable magic... but can not get myself over the fact that a 'simple' piece of copper is almost the same investment than a quarter of the complete Devialet...

Can someone tell me if there are High-end audio suppliers who supply power cables in this league with the hardware?
Odin and Valhalla did not do magic in my case - I think the Devialet built-in filter somehow makes power cables less relevant..
(11-Mar-2016, 19:12)Petter Wrote: Another one is Naim power line cable ,they must do something right,its really open up the Devialet

Surprisingly, given that I definitely fall into the power cable sceptic camp I agree that the Naim Powerline sounds better than the standard Devialet cable. I have no idea why? It's a shame their IEC plug is so big and wont fit under the rear cover...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I heard no difference with q8 and Nordost. Friend of mine had brought this stuff and agreed
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
Yea the friend argument , what did u messure against? And witch nordost cabel are we talking about ? I assume he did test them before buying them ? But dident hear any diffrence ?
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
I'm a bit lazy and don't want to read back this whole topic. Do you guys think/experienced that the AudioQuest NRG-X3 provides better/different sound than the standard Devialet power cable?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Once again I thank you all for the education, which improves the sound of my system as I learn and tweak. A pair of Shunyata Z-PC10 Digital power cables do indeed sound noticeably better than the stock power cables in my D400. I wouldn't have believed it until I heard it but now I'm a believer in power cords too and I'm enjoying the even better sound. I was asked for more details and wrote them in my system page (linked from my sig) if you're interested.
Very helpful thread - anyone tried PSaudio ac cables such as the ac5 or ac12?
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
I have the Graditech cable and like it a lot, if you do like it just send it back... They have a good return policy

Br Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(16-Apr-2016, 19:59)Morten Wrote: I have the Graditech cable and like it a lot, if you do like it just send it back... They have a good return policy

Br Morten

Hi Morten - 

I noticed you have the mit ac1 cable in your sig - how do you like it? I like Mit cables in general but have never tried the power cables . . 

Thanks!
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60