Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Cables
Hi,

Tried some different brands but settled on 2 times JPS Kaptovator in to my 400 due to some more expensive brands/models couldn't compete with Kaptovator and that I got a very very good price as well. I am sure that there something better out there but for the moment being I am satisfied.
Moving house soon and will install a separate spur (Klangmodul 3G) but still hesitant about the spur mains cable, any suggestions? I have an eye to JPS in the wall cable and also MCRU but I do not want to break the bank.

I also use Acrolink and Tel Wire PC's in my system. Everything goes through a mainsfilter from Lampizator, the only one I tested not inhibit dynamics.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(29-Jun-2014, 12:44)gray Wrote: For those wanting to make a power cord themselves, with an IEC fitting that will allow the use of the back cover, you could try the Cardas 3455R

http://cardas.com/power_connector.php

This IEC connector does not fit the D-Premier/250 unless a lot of the housing on the upper right is removed (sandpaper/dremel). I am using it for my diy power cable. An IEC connector which fits without modification and is also of high quality is Oyaide 4781 PBG or BSR http://www.revolutionpower.com/p/Oyaide+...ector/182/
I have a small preference for the Oyaide but that one is more difficult to find.
Furutech FI15+ also fits with Devialet.
Hi !

I'm really not for the 4781 of Oyaide (same as gold Schurter 4781 !) - But all the other Oyaide plugs are great ! ;-)

I tried it to build my IEC /IEC adapters for LessLoss / Devialet connection… And the grip of the 4781 is not very safe, the plug is not perfectly sticked in the Devialet's plug…

So, the best is the female gold Martin Kaiser IEC… Great built and grip ! The plugs inside are strong and can't become loose as the 4781 ones… Really, I recommend it !
I've some homemade cables following a recommendation from someone else using Van Damme cable and Martin Kaiser copper IEC connectors. They've served me very well. I can vouch for the MK IEC connectors too, good tight fit.
(30-Jun-2014, 14:15)darthsteph Wrote: Hi !

I'm really not for the 4781 of Oyaide (same as gold Schurter 4781 !) - But all the other Oyaide plugs are great ! ;-)

I tried it to build my IEC /IEC adapters for LessLoss / Devialet connection… And the grip of the 4781 is not very safe, the plug is not perfectly sticked in the Devialet's plug…

So, the best is the female gold Martin Kaiser IEC… Great built and grip ! The plugs inside are strong and can't become loose as the 4781 ones… Really, I recommend it !

The Oyaide 4781 is the same housing as the Schurter 4781 but they claim to make their own version of the prongs with 2 different platings. I find them to hold as tight as the the Cardas IEC. What is the model of the Kaiser IEC?
Hi guys.

I have been using Nordost Odin powercables with Devialet for the last year or so with great results. I tried many alternatives but none came close.

Until now.

I am moving to Echole Omnia's. My system will now be full loom Echole with Signature digital between Devialets and Omnia's for power and speaker cable duties.

Yes, i dont care if it fits below the 250's back cover since i think the Devialet sounds better without the cover...

By the way, the wonderful Odin s are up for sale so if anyone interested just pm me.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(30-Jun-2014, 19:51)Music or sound Wrote:
(30-Jun-2014, 14:15)darthsteph Wrote: Hi !

The Oyaide 4781 is the same housing as the Schurter 4781 but they claim to make their own version of the prongs with 2 different platings. I find them to hold as tight as the the Cardas IEC. What is the model of the Kaiser IEC?

Hou !
I think that the Cardas IEC should not be so good as I thought… ;-)

About the Martin Kaiser, it's the # 794…

About the Schurter / Oyaide 4781, I read on a forum that it was not a safe plug… But as I use the Male Schurter IEC (good product !), I decided to give the Schurter a try… And it was clear for me : the Schurter were connected during 20 seconds max, and thrown to trash…! Really...
(30-Jun-2014, 20:17)Kunter Wrote: Hi guys.

I have been using Nordost Odin powercables with Devialet for the last year or so with great results. I tried many alternatives but none came close.

Until now.

I am moving to Echole Omnia's. My system will now be full loom Echole with Signature digital between Devialets and Omnia's for power and speaker cable duties.

Yes, i dont care if it fits below the 250's back cover since i think the Devialet sounds better without the cover...

By the way, the wonderful Odin s are up for sale so if anyone interested just pm me.

Cheers

Wow! Just looked these up, they look amazing. I don't even think there's a distributor in the UK yet.

After a very long extended home demo (4 weeks!) I'm now using the Entreq Atlantis power cables. Each power cable is connected to a Silver Tellus Ground Box using an Atlantis ground cable. The results are extraordinary.

I also don't care too much about the back cover; in this instance sound quality takes precedence over form!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(30-May-2014, 17:52)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(30-May-2014, 17:32)ZincAlloy Wrote: Hi Rufus - have been demoing the Sablon Petit Corona for abot 4 hours. It seems to be effective at both ends - bass seems more distinct, treble also. Unfortunately, the heightened treble is excessive at times. Would be keen to understand your experience with the same cable and whether this settles down over time. Other Petit Corona users feel free to chip in.

Thanks, Ken

I would agree with you until recently, it was a bit much and rather extreme bass and treble was the first thing I noticed. But not now! Everything seems to have gone the other way in my system and I could do with a bit more treble especially. I doubt it's just the power cord doing this but could be a factor.

Hi Rufus - I ran the Petit Corona for a week and it settled down to exactly what you describe. The treble and midrange rolled off to the extent that, in my system and with my ears, it sounded somewhat dull. It did very many good things, but I couldn't live with the lack of presence with regards vocals. I've since been running with the Mark Grant DSP 2.5 which seems to suit my system better, although it doesn't have the reduction in noise floor that I found with the Petit Corona. I'll revisit this when I finally upgrade my speakers which, given the amount of time it's taken me with power cords, could take some time ....!
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT