Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Cables
(31-May-2014, 10:41)GuillaumeB Wrote: Pictures, pictures...Tongue

Guillaume

Pictures as soon as I reunite with my second amp, which is visiting parents for the upgrade... Sometime next week hopefully...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(31-May-2014, 08:15)Kunter Wrote:
(29-May-2014, 21:38)Sobert Wrote: Can Chord Sarum be used with the back-cover on?

Hi all,

I strongly suggest you try taking the back cover off regardless of the connector size of the power cable. Less metal above all the cables helps I guess...

Also, in another forum, a user suggested to take the speaker binding posts cover off (some struggle is required but eventually they give up) if you are using banana connections. I use mine like that now with a good effect.

Let your ears be the judge.

Kunter

I can only agree on the speaker binding post issue! I tried it a couple of weeks ago and the difference is substancial - all in favour of the non binding post cover.

BR
Bjorn
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
Hi Guys, Guillaume just told me about your new site and invited me to join.

Devialet offers a uniquely compelling audio proposition, seemingly satisfying both the lifestyle conscious and audiophile communities. The creation of a dedicated forum offers a great consolidated resource for users all over the world to share their experiences in a welcoming and constructive environment.

As this is a place for enthusiasts rather than commercial promotion, I'll refrain from any unsolicited comments on Sablon products however thanks for the kind comments above!

All the best,
Mark
www.sablonaudio.com

Lampizator Transport / Level 7 dac / First One amplifier / Benesch ACT / Sistrum stand / Bybee stealth conditioner / Sablon cabling, mostly developmental prototypes
Last week I replaced the standard powercord of my Devialet 200 for a Crystal Cable Reference Diamond. Great results, tighter bass, more difference in color of the various instruments and a sense of ease not heard before.
Devialet D220 Expert Pro; Funk Vector V turntable; Shelter 301 cartridge; Bluesound Vault Gen2 music server; Marantz SR5007; Audiovector R3 Arreté speaker; Polk FX3 surrounds; Atlas Ascent Grun speakercable; Atlas Mavros Ultra RCA>BNC, Atlas EOS Modular 4.0 block, Atlas Superior power cables. Audiovector Freedom Grounding cable
What are you guys plugging your Devialets into? Mine is plugged into a Brick Wall surge protector, which I have found to sound the same as plugging straight into the wall. This was not the case with some cheap surge protectors though, such as a $30 Tripp-Lite, which seemed to have a minor negative effect on dynamics. Plugging straight into the wall seems a bit risky for such an expensive piece of electronics, especially because it's thunderstorm season here in NYC. I haven't yet tried any audiophile power conditioners.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
Hi all,

I use the Powerlines from Naim from my previous (naim)system with a very positive effect.
Devialet 440 pro CI, Shunyata Research Sigma S/PDIF RCA link, In-Akustik Referenz LS-4004 Air , B&W 802 Diamond.
Aurender N10, SR Sigma AES/EBU 
2x Paul Pang OCXO dual switch, SR Sigma Ethernet, Acousense GISO GB Lan Isolator
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
SR Denali 6000/S V2, SR Alpha NR PL C19, Naim PL C15
IsoAcoustics Gaia I, Orea Bronze & Indigo
Hi,
The mains cable of my Devialet, like all my mains cables, is a HMS Energia SL/O. (By the way: I don't know wether this cables are known outside of Germany, because the marketing is so bad, there isn't even a appropriate website. But: there is absolutly no voodoo at this cables, the designer is a measurement technology engineer and he can exactly explain and prove why his cables are so good). Then into a PS Audio Dectet.
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
(13-Jun-2014, 00:12)pete86 Wrote: What are you guys plugging your Devialets into? Mine is plugged into a Brick Wall surge protector, which I have found to sound the same as plugging straight into the wall. This was not the case with some cheap surge protectors though, such as a $30 Tripp-Lite, which seemed to have a minor negative effect on dynamics. Plugging straight into the wall seems a bit risky for such an expensive piece of electronics, especially because it's thunderstorm season here in NYC. I haven't yet tried any audiophile power conditioners.

PS Audio P5 powerplant, and I liked the effect Smile
If your house gets it by lightning the equipent will die anyway. Hifi conditioners only keep you safe from spikes on the electric network...
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
(13-Jun-2014, 00:12)pete86 Wrote: What are you guys plugging your Devialets into? Mine is plugged into a Brick Wall surge protector, which I have found to sound the same as plugging straight into the wall. This was not the case with some cheap surge protectors though, such as a $30 Tripp-Lite, which seemed to have a minor negative effect on dynamics. Plugging straight into the wall seems a bit risky for such an expensive piece of electronics, especially because it's thunderstorm season here in NYC. I haven't yet tried any audiophile power conditioners.

Hi...

I used to have the PS Audio P10 with my D-Premier and I loved it. Then I bought the second D-Premier for dual mono and somehow I preferred direct to wall. When amps went direct to wall, I missed some finesse, quietness, etc, everything you expect from clean power, but dynamics seemed to have problems.

Recently I added an isolation transformer, Torus Power RM 16 (European model) to my system and I am loving it. All the positives of clean power, and dynamics seemed to improve even further than the direct-to-wall setup. Only negative comment is the horrible (read: cheap) wall sockets used on the Torus european models. I changed two of them with Furutech Rhodiums for peace of mind. It is still settling/burning in. I intend to report back as things stabilise further, as getting the best out of Devialet depends largely on proper power.

The transformer inside these things is really huge. It weighs 54 Kgs for the 16 amp version I have. RM series also provides surge protection. If you want voltage regulation, one level up AVR series have that as well.

One last comment for the real picky. Correct orientation for the phase is important to me (some disagree) and with all other equipment that I have, I prefer the orientation of the power cable, where the active (line) is on the right leg when you look at the socket facing you and forming an inverted V. Devialet is the opposite. Sounds better to me with active on the left.

Cheers.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
For those wanting to make a power cord themselves, with an IEC fitting that will allow the use of the back cover, you could try the Cardas 3455R

http://cardas.com/power_connector.php
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX