Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is the new Firmware coming?
(11-Feb-2015, 12:09)Mikeeo Wrote: Sorry for the sour tone but I really restrained my self/Mike

No problem - your recent posts about the excellent sound of your system have been extremely positive and we all need to have a moan once in a while Wink

I'm getting nervous because I've stayed on 10.6.8 Snow Leopard/AIR 2.1.2/Firmware 7.1.1 as this combination is 100% stable even for 24/96 or 24/192 wi-fi streaming and I don't want to run into the issues you and many others have had.  I'm concerned that I may be forced to upgrade to Mavericks/Yosemite and latest firmware be able to use Dialog/Spark etc.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
One of the UK Devialet dealers is saying that the firmware upgrade slated for release in time for Munich will contain some kind of room EQ capability. This was posted on the What Hi-Fi forum; I haven't been able to get any more detail out of him.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(20-Feb-2015, 12:29)Jwg1749 Wrote: One of the UK Devialet dealers is saying that the firmware upgrade slated for release in time for Munich will contain some kind of room EQ capability. This was posted on the What Hi-Fi forum; I haven't been able to get any more detail out of him.

Matt

That's interesting: I recall Devialet had said a while ago that they weren't going to do that (although it had been planned/advertised when the D110/170/240 were released)?  I'll look forward to hearing more about this.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(20-Feb-2015, 12:43)thumb5 Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 12:29)Jwg1749 Wrote: One of the UK Devialet dealers is saying that the firmware upgrade slated for release in time for Munich will contain some kind of room EQ capability. This was posted on the What Hi-Fi forum; I haven't been able to get any more detail out of him.

Matt

That's interesting: I recall Devialet had said a while ago that they weren't going to do that (although it had been planned/advertised when the D110/170/240 were released)?  I'll look forward to hearing more about this.

That is interesting.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
In light of earlier promises and recent communications I'm gonna say: "I'll believe it when I see it".
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Smile that seems wise!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(20-Feb-2015, 14:15)thumb5 Wrote: Smile that seems wise!

Yes, I'm also not sure how reliable the source of the info is. So a sizeable pinch of salt is in order.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(20-Feb-2015, 14:41)Jwg1749 Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 14:15)thumb5 Wrote: Smile that seems wise!

Yes, I'm also not sure how reliable the source of the info is. So a sizeable pinch of salt is in order.

Matt

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if they had something up their sleeve by way of an announcement at Munich. We already know about the DSD stuff and it seems evident now that UPnP will be handled by the Dialog... eventually. 

Perhaps this is it? It's certainly within their reach to do and would make good use of the DSP processing power available. Or perhaps there'll be something else?  

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I find the best thing to do is to not ever expect a firmware update nor make any attempt to divine what it may or may not include.
This means when there is one it is a pleasant surprise (when it works).
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(20-Feb-2015, 20:01)f1eng Wrote: I find the best thing to do is to not ever expect a firmware update nor make any attempt to divine what it may or may not include.
This means when there is one it is a pleasant surprise (when it works).

Wise words Frank .......

I have decided not to expect anything at all until 2017.  I'm sure they will have cleared the Phantom related backlog by then.  (Probably)

Another wise man once said "True happiness lies within the limits of ones expectations", he was called Frank as well....