Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is the new Firmware coming?
I have just took a brand new 200 for home demo, how do I know if it is the latest software I am using?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(07-Mar-2015, 13:36)Womaz Wrote: I have just took a brand new 200 for home demo, how do I know if it is the latest software I am using?

Hold down the right hand button on the remote until the display changes. you can scroll back and forth through quite a few pages of info, including the firmware version by short clicks on the left and right buttons. Hit the off button to revert to the normal display.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(07-Mar-2015, 13:38)f1eng Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 13:36)Womaz Wrote: I have just took a brand new 200 for home demo, how do I know if it is the latest software I am using?

Hold down the right hand button on the remote until the display changes. you can scroll back and forth through quite a few pages of info, including the firmware version by short clicks on the left and right buttons. Hit the off button to revert to the normal display.

Thank you , I am on Version 7.1. It was updated May 2014, assuming this is the latest??
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(07-Mar-2015, 13:42)Womaz Wrote:

Thank you , I am on Version 7.1. It was updated May 2014, assuming this is the latest??

It should be, since the version number has not changed, but a version with the same number was made available in December 2014. It should be the same, but maybe not, mind you if anybody working for me had up-issued a software or firmware version without updating the version number they would have been looking for another job.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(07-Mar-2015, 13:56)f1eng Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 13:42)Womaz Wrote:

It should be, since the version number has not changed, but a version with the same number was made available in December 2014. It should be the same, but maybe not, mind you if anybody working for me had up-issued a software or firmware version without updating the version number they would have been looking for another job.

Thanks again for your help.
Bought my 120 in January. Latest version of software according to the display. Could turn SAM on and off but could not modify SAM %. Downloaded the software (although same number) and then all worked. A bit strange....
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
With respect to comments that software engineers who issue new versions of software without updating the issue number should be fired, I do wonder if at Devialet it is the other way around. That is the software engineers want to updtate the issue number but management are instructing them that they will be fired if they do! It kind of fits with the "Devialet are perfect" image that they like to portray these days?
(07-Mar-2015, 18:41)Confused Wrote: With respect to comments that software engineers who issue new versions of software without updating the issue number should be fired, I do wonder if at Devialet it is the other way around.  That is the software engineers want to updtate the issue number but management are instructing them that they will be fired if they do!  It kind of fits with the "Devialet are perfect" image that they like to portray these days?

I've just checked some emails going back to May 2014 around the time when I was beta testing SAM for Sophia 3... I was asked to check that I had the correct firmware based on the date and not the version number... so there were effectively different versions of 7.0.0 based on when they were compiled.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I know for a fact there are at least 2 versions without a version number update. The USB bi-directional functionality was not working, after some troubleshooting they came back with a new firmware, but with the same version.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I'm in Paris and I have 1 hour before a lunch meeting today very close to their place so I will visit. Hopefully there will be some people to great me for questions.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK