Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet's competitors
I've noticed there's this brand on the market http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/pr...mps/ida-16
Given the fact I've only recently learned about Devialet do you believe this one or any other presents an alternative on the tech level?
It may be a price competitor (I don't know the price) but it contains none of the Devialet patented ADH circuitry and does not seem to have any equivalent of SAM possible, or configurable inputs and outputs.

So no!

I do use a pair of Nuforce mono amps in my bedroom system and like them, though they are nowhere near my Devialet in versatility.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

It's nice to have a display on the front where you can actually see it though!
Rufus

They confirmed yesterday that there will be a new remote (despite its removal from the website) with a display - and operable for both Expert and Phantom.

They didn't give a delivery time!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
That's a good point. It's funny when I was first looking at Devialet reviews a few years ago I was convinced the display had an e-ink centre and I was rather disappointed to learn it didn't. I'm wondering if I did actually see an image of a mock-up before? It would be a good thing.
(17-Feb-2015, 18:21)Rufus McDufus Wrote: That's a good point. It's funny when I was first looking at Devialet reviews a few years ago I was convinced the display had an e-ink centre and I was rather disappointed to learn it didn't. I'm wondering if I did actually see an image of a mock-up before?   It would be a good thing.

Just getting this thread back on track... have you seen the price of this thing?! Haven't found a UK price since there are no dealers here but the US/Euro price is 2,350. Probably around £2k then. 

Here's a link to the user manual which has quite a bit of info:

http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/pr...6/manual-6

Here's a review:

http://www.goodsound.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/607-nuprime-ida-16-integrated-amplifier-dac

I'd say it's definitely targeted at the Devialet amps even if it doesn't share the same technology or flexibility. Shame the reviewer didn't compare to the Devialet.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
If you are looking for Devialet competitor , I think this one is more suitable
http://www.wadia.com/en-us/products/intuition-01

[Image: SS-7,%20Wadia%20Intuition%2001.jpg]
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

Comments on the NuPrime integrated.

It looks pretty cool, has DSD capability, and has a visible display. Power output seems to about the same as a d200. However, I still think the devialet is much more flexible with phono inputs and software upgrade capability. I have heard the previous Nuforce REF9SE (?) in my system when I was using the Rowland Model 10 and I thought the Rowland had a much better top end extension and a musical presentation. The Nuforce had really good bass but a bit clinical in its presentation. If the new Nuprime Integrated sounds similar to the older Nuforce designs, I think the devialet might be a much better product. Of course, I need to listen to it before drawing any conclusions. YMMV.

Edit: The review was pretty good. He didn't mention anything about HF extension. I presume there were no issues with HF. At the price ($2350 in the US), it should be a really good value and should sell well.
--- JayR

Acer Aspire / Sony SCD-777ES -- Devialet D-200 -- Audio Physic Virgo 25
(17-Feb-2015, 22:54)Jayr Wrote: It looks pretty cool, has DSD capability, and has a visible display.

I actually like the way Devialet made the display. The SPDIF 2 looks so 80' with this LED approach.
The spec for the Wadia looks pretty good - quite similar in many ways to a D200 and err.. admittedly better in some respects at least on paper but, of course, it doesn't have SAM or AIR.

It's a Class D power amp not hybrid like Devialet so it probably won't sound as good Wink

£6995 in the UK.

EDIT: the Soundstage review is pretty positive but they say it offers very strong but not standard setting performance - so def. not as good as Devialet then Wink

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/...lifier-dac