Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet's competitors
(19-May-2015, 07:27)Mikeeo Wrote: Have a look at this: http://www.aavik-acoustics.com

Interesting styling - I like it!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(19-May-2015, 08:14)thumb5 Wrote:
(19-May-2015, 07:27)Mikeeo Wrote: Have a look at this: http://www.aavik-acoustics.com

It actually looked even better in the flesh. I must say I was very very impressed with this product. Oodles of effortless power, it was equally quite happy driving the huge D5s as it was the amazing 2,900 euro Scansonic 2.5.

Class D but boy did it sound fantastic. Incredible actually. 

Overall Raidho was one of the most impressive rooms at Munich. As I said somewhere else we really struggled to leave and I went back there a couple of times.  Tongue

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

+1!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(19-May-2015, 07:50)NickB Wrote:
(19-May-2015, 07:27)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi, 

Have a look at this: http://www.aavik-acoustics.com

It def challenges Devialet for SQ and all-in-all solution. No 'SAM' though but who knows when a function like this will be added.

Price is in the D800 area so not for all pockets.

I will run a comparison at my dealer at some time soon.

/Mike

Does that mean it has the spec of a 400 for the price of an 800?
The spec in terms of power,  it is between 400 and 800 ie 600 w/4 ohm

It makes very nice sound as I consider it due to deb shit firmware/Mike

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(19-May-2015, 15:46)Mikeeo Wrote: It makes very nice sound as I consider it due to deb shit firmware/Mike

What do you mean Mikeeo? 

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(19-May-2015, 20:47)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(19-May-2015, 15:46)Mikeeo Wrote: It makes very nice sound as I consider it due to deb shit firmware/Mike

What do you mean Mikeeo? 

Guillaume

Hi, sorry, slipping fingers and busy times. What I meant was to say "..due to Dev shit firmware..."

Demo against D400/D800 at Olles will tell if a change could be on the horizon...

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(19-May-2015, 23:15)Mikeeo Wrote:

What do you mean Mikeeo? 

Guillaume

Hi, sorry, slipping fingers and busy times. What I meant was to say "..due to Dev shit firmware..."

Demo against D400/D800 at Olles will tell if a change could be on the horizon...

/Mike

Sorry mate there is nothing wrong with the firmware only the applicators.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(19-May-2015, 23:33)NickB Wrote:
(19-May-2015, 23:15)Mikeeo Wrote:

What do you mean Mikeeo? 

Guillaume

/Mike

Sorry mate there is nothing wrong with the firmware only the applicators.

OK, what ever you call it, it does not work for me and I have been down the road of glitches etc too many times. If it wasn't for the SQ of these units I would be gone long time ago and when units like the Aavik shows up and delivers super SQ....

/M
Nuprime 18 - NuForce Reference 18
http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/pr...rce/ref-18

This are only monbolcks which are not direct Devialet competitors
but interesting internal design

[Image: transparent.gif]
[Image: transparent.gif][Image: transparent.gif]
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

(19-May-2015, 09:35)GuillaumeB Wrote:

It actually looked even better in the flesh. I must say I was very very impressed with this product. Oodles of effortless power, it was equally quite happy driving the huge D5s as it was the amazing 2,900 euro Scansonic 2.5.

Class D but boy did it sound fantastic. Incredible actually. 

Overall Raidho was one of the most impressive rooms at Munich. As I said somewhere else we really struggled to leave and I went back there a couple of times.  Tongue

Guillaume

Thanks to Rufus for pointing this out... in its latest issue the German magazine Stereo has awarded the Aarvik U-300 100% for sound quality.

Guillaume

UK