Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KraaijCheck's system
Interesting times ahead then!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Lovely setup, but I can’t help thinking that the speakers would be better either side of the TV, and opposite the couch.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(01-Oct-2017, 13:42)Axel Wrote: Lovely setup, but I can’t help thinking that the speakers would be better either side of the TV, and opposite the couch.

Think it is really to small for that option. Then you are sitting max 2,5m from the speakers. And i also sit often at the dining table when i’s working, eating etc.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
I like it very much and thinking if you could only pull a chair very close to the speakers ( no more than 1 meter ) it will sound very good
I had an arm of a couch in front of a speaker, swmbo refused to let me saw it off. It impeded so much on the soundstage a complete furniture re shuffle was required, it was worth it, joy.
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
Currently testing the Wilson Benesch Vetex.

[Image: 4fd165c208cfc1f384557fffd0333d5b.heic][Image: 0f0814b50ca88d165b37a690d372cca5.heic]

Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
What do you think of the Wilson's vs your Olympica II's?
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

(21-Aug-2016, 21:47)MusicLover Wrote: Ciao guys,

My experience is quite the opposite, my Olympica 2 have now been parallel to the side walls (no toe in) for almost two months or so and I couldn't be happier. Soundstage is as precise and impressive as it has ever been in my room. Since I removed the toe in it's been constant enjoyment every time.

I think speaker position is so room/listening position dependent that there are very few hard rules. Quite a fascinating subject I must say...

Very neat system btw KraaijCheck!

ML

I noticed the same with other speakers. Found optimal angle just over 1 degree, not more and not less.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
(14-Oct-2017, 08:06)rchinn Wrote: What do you think of the Wilson's vs your Olympica II's?

They are day and night. For my room the Wilson match much better. The level of detail and clarity of the Wilson is bizar! I was scared these small speakers would lack bass in comparison with the SF’s, but this isn’t the thing. The bass is extremely deep, but much tighter compared to the SF’s. Soundstage is extremely good.
Now i hear big differences between good and bad recordings.
They didn’t match my vovox speaker cable. Now playing with the crystal cable piccolo en this is a pretty good match.