Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advices for a first time Devialet owner
(20-Feb-2015, 10:56)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 10:52)archer75 Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 09:53)iamwappie Wrote: I agree. I also have the BOTW power supply and is makes a good difference.

iamwappie & ZincAlloy,

Thanks, I will follow your recommendation hence I am placing an order for power supply and booster.

What about USB cable? Any recommendation on this?

Brgds.

The Chord USB Silver Plus gets very good reports and is very reasonable @ £55

Otherwise if you are willing to push the boat out the totaldac @ 390 euros seems to be the one to go for.

http://www.totaldac.com/USB_cable-eng.htm

I'm sure there re many many other good ones out there but these two do seem to top many people's lists.

Guillaume

Guillaurne, thanks for the options. I will not go to the level of eur 390 I believe. I will probably stop myself at a a level of eur 200. the Chord USB silver plus seems to be a good option but I believe later on I will want to upgrade this cable anyway only for physological reasons Rolleyes
(20-Feb-2015, 08:55)iamwappie Wrote: I have the same setup and always was under the impression that the source is not that important. I too have a Touch for years and love it. I now have it as source to feed my 120. Great sound improvement.

What I did only recently totally left me in awe. I installed the Toolbox 3.0 on the Touch.
http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.nl/2011...ox-30.html

It is a software tweak that will cost you approx half an hour to implement.

What is does is disable everything that is not needed. This includes the display, wifi (use a wired connection), infrared and other stuff. Additionally it modifies some settings. The difference is breath taking.

So this also made me realize that a high-end digital source is probably capable of making another huge difference. I'm waiting for the dialog because of the bit-perfect streaming it should mean it doesn't get any better than that.

Anyway I'd advise any audiophile squeezebox touch owners to install the toolbox. It will become a small black brick only controllable via an App but at a great performance gain.

Frank

this looks interesting, I will have some through reading. anyway, I will use an ipad to control the device so I can leave without the wifi.
(20-Feb-2015, 12:53)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 10:52)I archer75 Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 09:53)iamwappie Wrote: I agree. I also have the BOTW power supply and is makes a good difference.

iamwappie & ZincAlloy,

Thanks, I will follow your recommendation hence I am placing an order for power supply and booster.

What about USB cable? Any recommendation on this?

Brgds.
Funny enough, just looking at USB cables myself.  

Was going to hold off until I got my Dialog, but that looks some months away.  In the interim, I'm going to try the SBT mod posted on this forum, which allows the SBT to output 192/24 via its USB socket. So, long story short - no, but have a look at separate USB cable thread on the forum (Tweakers Corner) - I've just ordered the Chord Silver Plus today, it's only about £50 so worth a punt. 

Let us know how you get on. 

ATB, Ken

Ken,

for 192/24 output via USB, you are talking about Enhanced Digital Output (EDO) installation, right?

enjoy your cable and pls let me know how the performance is.
(20-Feb-2015, 14:28)pete86 Wrote: I have Liutos too, and also came from the VSi60. I have a 120 now and my system sounds better than ever. Don't forget to try SAM. The devialet site has the Liuto SAM profile listed under Liuto Wood, but I've confirmed with sonus faber that this is the same speaker as the regular Liuto.

very encouraging to hear. I did not have a chance to test Devialet with Luito. what kind of changes at the sound you experienced from VSI60 to 120? I will for sure try SAM.
All,

thanks for all your input/contribution so far, pls keep them coming.

I believe I will be in following order to setup my system to see what each step will add to the overall performance;

1- connect SBT via coax to Devialet
2- connect SBT via USB to Devialet
3- add Best of two worlds linear power supply and booster to the equation
4- install toolbox to SBT
5- try SAM on Lutios

What I am not sure is whether I shall try step 5 - SAM enabled as a last step or perhaps at earlier steps?

Thoughts are welcome.
4-
thanks for posting Archer. All above copied. Finally got my product, I m eagarly waiting to unpack my D120.  Chord cables are Raw (no banana or spades termination).

getting those tomorrow AM time. once that is done, will start un-packing and set up etc. Cant wait for the excitement.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(20-Feb-2015, 17:35)Jnan_devi Wrote: thanks for posting Archer. All above copied. Finally got my product, I m eagarly waiting to unpack my D120.  Chord cables are Raw (no banana or spades termination).

getting those tomorrow AM time. once that is done, will start un-packing and set up etc. Cant wait for the excitement.

Use it in good days. I am a week away from living the same excitement.
I hope the topic would be helping you and the others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Another SBT user here. Mine is modded by Bolder Cable (digital mod) and I´m also using BOTW PS and TT 3.0, with a AQ Eagle eye to the Devialet.
I´ve tried other solutions but I must say that the SBT is still going strong, both soundwise but in particular the ease of use. I´m using Ipeng with WIMP plugin and I´ve had very very little problems with this solution comparing to other ones.
And as a transporter I must say: a very good bang for the buck!

I´m waiting for the Dialog to see what it has to offer compared the the SBT.
(21-Feb-2015, 06:05)Atomjohan Wrote: Another SBT user here. Mine is modded by Bolder Cable (digital mod) and I´m also using BOTW PS and TT 3.0, with a AQ Eagle eye to the Devialet.
I´ve tried other solutions but I must say that the SBT is still going strong, both soundwise but in particular the ease of use. I´m using Ipeng with WIMP plugin and  I´ve had very very little problems with this solution comparing to other ones.

I am glad to see many SBT users here. I have some questions;

1- I have just downloaded Ipeng, trying to understand how to use it. Can I run Ipeng without using a computer to run LMS - my music is stored at a NAS which unfortunately can not run LMS itself so I need to use a computer for solely the purpose of running LMS?

2- Do I need to install both EDO and TT 3.0 or just one? I read somewhere that having both may create some conflicts.

3- I see you are using a digital cable therefore you don't have EDO either - which one is a best connection for SBT? If not EDO, I believe it is COAX.

4- What is WIMP plugin for?
(21-Feb-2015, 07:35)archer75 Wrote:
(21-Feb-2015, 06:05)Atomjohan Wrote: Another SBT user here. Mine is modded by Bolder Cable (digital mod) and I´m also using BOTW PS and TT 3.0, with a AQ Eagle eye to the Devialet.
I´ve tried other solutions but I must say that the SBT is still going strong, both soundwise but in particular the ease of use. I´m using Ipeng with WIMP plugin and  I´ve had very very little problems with this solution comparing to other ones.

I am glad to see many SBT users here. I have some questions;

1- I have just downloaded Ipeng, trying to understand how to use it. Can I run Ipeng without using a computer to run LMS - my music is stored at a NAS which unfortunately can not run LMS itself so I need to use a computer for solely the purpose of running LMS?

2- Do I need to install both EDO and TT 3.0 or just one? I read somewhere that having both may create some conflicts.

3- I see you are using a digital cable therefore you don't have EDO either - which one is a best connection for SBT? If not EDO, I believe it is COAX.

4- What is WIMP plugin for?

1: To my knowledge you need a computer to run Ipeng through LMS. Without computer I think you only can access my squeezebox.com (to access radio etc) and a external hard drive. This thread might be of interest to you: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?82070-Touch-with-USB-drive-mastering-TinySB&highlight=mastering+tiny+sc

2: I have installed both. Though I only use TT 3.0 since I feed the Devialet trough S/PDIF . I haven´t had any complications between, though I have heard about it.

3: I have tried with a standard USB-cable and EDO but found my AQ Eagle eye (coax) slight better. Can´t say with a more expensive USB-cable. I Think this is individual and you need to listen for yourself.

4: WIMP is like Spotify but with uncompressed music (flac). The plugin allows you to control it trough Ipeng.

Hope this clears some questions for you!

Regards Johan
Squeezebox Touch (digital mod) with linear PS - Audioquest Eagle Eye - Devialet 400 - DFPC signature PC - Tellurium Q Ultra Black - Raidho X-1