Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing SACD discs
Al, maybe your question was supposed to be directed to someone else as I've not ordered any de-embedder as of yet, just getting into reading up on if it will work and what I'll need to do to my Oppo 95 to make it work.

regards
Ron
(18-Jun-2015, 19:51)Ron D Wrote: Al, maybe your question was supposed to be directed to someone else as I've not ordered any de-embedder as of yet, just getting into reading up on if it will work and what I'll need to do to my Oppo 95 to make it work.

regards
Ron

Hi Ron,

Yeah, quite right.  I was getting my posters mixed up! Apologies.

Regards,

Al.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
if you dont want to go into pc audio... will you be getting more SACD's?

why dont you purchase a cheaper SACD player with a digital output?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(14-Jun-2015, 17:49)Axel Wrote:
(11-Jun-2015, 07:53)FranckdeGrenoble Wrote: As far as I know there no way to output DSD stream from the OPPO 105D. Thanks to the Oppo support team advice I set up an HDMI Audio De-Embedder (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KAU...ge_o02_s00) to extract the 192/24 stream from the HDMI so that I can feed the D200 with a Digital stream without any D/A/D conversion.

the sound is so good then

Hi!

I have ordered something similar to your de-ember for HDMI audio.  A couple of questions:
 Do you use the de-embedder in line with the HDMI 1 output, or use HDMI 2? 

How do you set up the Audio format/Audio processing menus?

Thanks in advance,

Al.

I use HDMI 2 for the HDMI de-embedder
Playback setup > SACD Priority is set to Stereo
Audio format setup > HDMI Audio is set to LPCM

hope this helps
Devialet 200 - Oppo 105D - Atohm GT3 - Oppo PM1
Thanks for the set up instructions - this helps as my Oppo 95 in my 2CH system has no monitor hooked up to it so its a PITA to make multiple changes to the unit's set-up. I've ordered the Kanex and will report back when I've had a chance to try it out.
(05-Jul-2015, 15:41)FranckdeGrenoble Wrote:
(14-Jun-2015, 17:49)Axel Wrote:
(11-Jun-2015, 07:53)FranckdeGrenoble Wrote: As far as I know there no way to output DSD stream from the OPPO 105D. Thanks to the Oppo support team advice I set up an HDMI Audio De-Embedder (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KAU...ge_o02_s00) to extract the 192/24 stream from the HDMI so that I can feed the D200 with a Digital stream without any D/A/D conversion.

the sound is so good then

Hi!

I have ordered something similar to your de-ember for HDMI audio.  A couple of questions:
 Do you use the de-embedder in line with the HDMI 1 output, or use HDMI 2? 

How do you set up the Audio format/Audio processing menus?

Thanks in advance,

Al.

I use HDMI 2 for the HDMI de-embedder
Playback setup > SACD Priority is set to Stereo
Audio format setup > HDMI Audio is set to LPCM

hope this helps

Thank you for the information. I'll get one of these and give it a try!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(22-Jun-2015, 04:34)completeluxury Wrote: if  you dont want to go into pc audio... will you be getting more SACD's?

my understanding was that digital outputs on SACD players only supply the CD layer info; and that the SACD bitstream is not available digitally except over an encrypted digital output like HDMI (a copy protection designed into the SACD system by Sony).

The exception is early Playstation 3s just after SACD was added, where they overlooked this in the firmware that processes the disc bitstream. Sony later corrected this, hence the current market for serviceable early PS3's with FW 3.55 or lower.
(09-Jul-2015, 19:38)krass Wrote:
(22-Jun-2015, 04:34)completeluxury Wrote: if  you dont want to go into pc audio... will you be getting more SACD's?

my understanding was that digital outputs on SACD players only supply the CD layer info; and that the SACD bitstream is not available digitally except over an encrypted digital output like HDMI (a copy protection designed into the SACD system by Sony).

The exception is early Playstation 3s just after SACD was added, where they overlooked this in the firmware that processes the disc bitstream. Sony later corrected this, hence the current market for serviceable early PS3's with FW 3.55 or lower.
My Pioneer BDP-450, which is a relatively cheap and cheerful Bluray and SACD player, will output the SACD layer.  This unit is a transport only, no DAC or analogue output.  Maybe this is one way around the copyright restrictions?  Maybe Pioneer ignore the restrictions!  I'm not sure.  It can be set to output 24bit PCM, which is how I've been using it with the Devialet.  I guess it might work outputting bitstream now we have the 8.x.x firmware?  I'll give this a try at the weekend.