Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New one
Hello to you all. This is my first post and I like to introduce myself. Been reading a lot on this forum for the past months and already a owner of a Devialet 200 from the first moment they good be purchaced in the Netherlands. Started off by trying different software to play via the I-Mac and settled with Audirvana's current version. All my files are on the Mac and backup on a second hard drive. I to been striked by the issues that seems to hit the Devialet users caust by the updates off the new software versions. The first year there was a deliteful calmdown by finding the hifi heaven and the ease of use. Now I have had quite a few emailcontacts with the Devialet company with just one issue, fix the air software. Despite this problems the Devialet is staying, a different streamer wil be the only solution I gues, lost my faith In the software-engineers and the Dialog looks like a promise that wil not behold.Bying a stand alone device, Aurender, Aurelic, Moon Mind or so, wil be the only solution and a sonic update that brings me back to the hifi heaven it first was.

Albert van Bentem
Aurender S10/ESP the Essence/Wireworld Platinum XLR/Devialet 200/Graditech Voima One/Jena Labs 15 bi-wired/ASW Magadis/IPad air 2.

The Netherlands
(24-Feb-2015, 21:45)Cuisinier Wrote: Hello to you all. This is my first post and I like to introduce myself. Been reading a lot on this forum for the past months and already a owner of a Devialet 200 from the first moment they good be purchaced in the Netherlands. Started off by trying different software to play via the I-Mac and settled with Audirvana's current version. All my files are on the Mac and backup on a second hard drive. I to been striked by the issues that seems to hit the Devialet users caust by the updates off the new software versions. The first year there was a deliteful calmdown by finding the hifi heaven and the ease of use. Now I have had  quite a few emailcontacts with the Devialet company with just one issue, fix the air software. Despite this problems the Devialet is staying, a different streamer wil be the only solution I gues, lost my faith In the software-engineers and the Dialog looks like a promise that wil not behold.Bying a stand alone device, Aurender, Aurelic, Moon Mind or so, wil be the only solution and a sonic update that brings me back to the hifi heaven it first was.

Albert van Bentem

A very warm welcome to you Albert!  Smile 

Don't forget to vote in our polls! Wink

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thanks Guillaume, for me there is obvious one vote possible?
Aurender S10/ESP the Essence/Wireworld Platinum XLR/Devialet 200/Graditech Voima One/Jena Labs 15 bi-wired/ASW Magadis/IPad air 2.

The Netherlands
Welcome to you Albert from a newbie on the forum.

I am in the same boat with AIR issues. When it works, it sounds awesome but...dropouts and noise totally kills the experience. I don't use AIR anymore and will wait for them to fix it. If not, I will look into a streamer to take me to hifi heaven as you so aptly described it.

Cheers,
--- JayR

Acer Aspire / Sony SCD-777ES -- Devialet D-200 -- Audio Physic Virgo 25
Wellcome on the forum, Cuisinier! Nice setup you do have. Once I heard a demo with the Django XL and the Devialet D-Premier. It sounded breathtaking. I'm curious about the SAM effect on your LS. 

The more I read the grumble about the awfull white noise issues the more I do realise that I'm lucky that it never occurs in my Air-streamer. It's a pity that to many customers experience the problem and that Devialet is not able to tackle the issue. I do hope they will solve this because the Air streamer is sounding very well, I can tell you.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(25-Feb-2015, 00:09)Charlemagne Wrote: Wellcome on the forum, Cuisinier! Nice setup you do have. Once I heard a demo with the Django XL and the Devialet D-Premier. It sounded breathtaking. I'm curious about the SAM effect on your LS. 

The more I read the grumble about the awfull white noise issues the more I do realise that I'm lucky that it never occurs in my Air-streamer. It's a pity that to many customers experience the problem and that Devialet is not able to tackle the issue. I do hope they will solve this because the Air streamer is sounding very well, I can tell you.

I think I was at the same demo Charlemagne. That was the first time I heard Marten speakers, and I was pleasantly surprised. The combination sounded very good indeed.
NAS: LaCie Cloudbox
Streaming bridge: Auralic Aries
DAC/Amplifier: Devialet 200
Speakers: Magico S1
Digital cables: Audioquest Cinnamon
Loudspeaker cables: Vertere Pulse-X Mini
I did forget to take the Graditech Voima One into my signature, stupid because its really a must have for a Devialet owner. The effect of this power cable is a more realistic and livelike performance, the first days it sounded bizar what a change it  maked.
The effect of SAM is also not to be overlookt on the Django's. Gives a more smoother overall performance and let you enjoy the music at mutch louder levels without getting itself in the way.
Signature changed ?

The Netherlands
Hallo Cuisinier

I have had the Graditech power cable for a week now, the effect is also dramatic in my system, I must admit I was a little sceptic if how much I will gain, but it is well worth the price.

It is a funny hobby, when you make an update you think—now I’m there, but no there is always something that can be improved.

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Keeps the hobby interesting , I also changed the powercord for my Imac. Its a DH-Labs power plus with Furutech FI-E11 24k and a FI-15 gold plug. I put a ferriet protection on it to.

The Netherlands
(24-Feb-2015, 21:45)Cuisinier Wrote: Hello to you all. This is my first post and I like to introduce myself. Been reading a lot on this forum for the past months and already a owner of a Devialet 200 from the first moment they good be purchaced in the Netherlands. Started off by trying different software to play via the I-Mac and settled with Audirvana's current version. All my files are on the Mac and backup on a second hard drive. I to been striked by the issues that seems to hit the Devialet users caust by the updates off the new software versions. The first year there was a deliteful calmdown by finding the hifi heaven and the ease of use. Now I have had  quite a few emailcontacts with the Devialet company with just one issue, fix the air software. Despite this problems the Devialet is staying, a different streamer wil be the only solution I gues, lost my faith In the software-engineers and the Dialog looks like a promise that wil not behold.Bying a stand alone device, Aurender, Aurelic, Moon Mind or so, wil be the only solution and a sonic update that brings me back to the hifi heaven it first was.

Albert van Bentem

Welcome Albert and please share with us some photos of ur system if and when u can.

(12-Mar-2015, 20:53)Morten Wrote: Hallo Cuisinier

I have had the Graditech power cable for a week now, the effect is also dramatic in my system, I must admit I was a little sceptic if how much I will gain, but it is well worth the price.

It is a funny hobby, when you make an update you think—now I’m there, but no there is always something that can be improved.

Kind regards Morten

indeed Morten. I believe Hifi and Audiophile is not about the destination, rather the journey itself Smile

Now i am in the tweaking phase and playing with different USB cables and ordered a new master and slave link. but what i read here about Graditech makes me consider tweaking power chords as well
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE