Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet driving a Tannoy Kensington speaker
I don't own either. But interested in both. I mostly listen to rock music. Anyone using Devialet with Tannoy speakers? I'm mostly interested in Tannoy Kensington. How is the pairing? Devialet with Tannoy sound good for rock music? Is Devialet 120 enough for Tannoy Kensington?

Any feedback/impression is very much appreciated.

Also, I'd love to hear what other speakers would be a great match with Devialet 120 or 200 for rock music. I love dynamics and slightly warm sound. Don't like thin sound. Also want average quality recording to listenable.
I guess Tannoy speaker is not very popular with Devialet crowd. Sad
You could take a look at the Tannoy DC10T. They do not sound thin! This also saves you enough cash to make the 200 your default choice, and this leaves the option to dual mono one day, if you so wish.
Thank you so much for your feedback. Have you tried Tannoy DC10T with devialet?

Also, I'm curious that you've mentioned DC10T doesn't sound thin. As oppose to Kensington? I guess I'm asking Kensington sounds thin? Are you familiar with other Tannoy models?
I have heard the DC10T, but this was with a big Musical Fidelity integrated amp. At around this price range I have heard nothing as "full bodied". Unfortunately I have never heard the DC10T with a Devialet, and I have never heard the Kensington. Not a lot of help I know! So you will have to consider this a little more than a pointer towards further research.
That is a helpful feedback. Thanks! I need to arrange an audition for both DC10T and Kensington.
I think the DC10T might be an outgoing model, which you might consider as bad news, although it might mean that there are some bargains to be found.
I realise my reply is 18 months late but I use the Devialet 400 with Tannoy Kensington Gold Reference speakers.

Cables are Crystal Microdiamond and source is the Electrocompaniet ECM-2 network player. Everything is powered by a PS Audio P-5 power regenerator.

I run the SAM at 100% and have raised the Treble Energy setting on the speakers by one step while keeping the Treble Rolloff on the Level position.

The sound is detailed, 3-dimensional and powerful. Not as subtle as the Spendor SP100/R2 that I was using before but richer in the bass and highs. Very suited to rock, blues and jazz fusion. Perhaps not as suited to vocals.

Hope this helps (better late than never?)
(07-Oct-2016, 09:28)DVLA Wrote: I run the SAM at 100%

Howz one able to alter the % of SAM ?  I didn't know if this was possible ... 

I use the D400 too .. 

Thanks in adv !!  Smile
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(07-Oct-2016, 11:46)audio_engr Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 09:28)DVLA Wrote: I run the SAM at 100%

Howz one able to alter the % of SAM ?  I didn't know if this was possible ... 

I use the D400 too .. 

Thanks in adv !!  Smile

Unless things have changed I think you have to assign SAM on/off button on the remote, and then it appears after the tone controls.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<