Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet driving a Tannoy Kensington speaker
(07-Oct-2016, 11:46)audio_engr Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 09:28)DVLA Wrote: I run the SAM at 100%

Howz one able to alter the % of SAM ?  I didn't know if this was possible ... 

I use the D400 too .. 

Thanks in adv !!  Smile
Just keep going past bass and treble with the tone control button. Being able to dial your speakers into your room size is really useful, mine is at about 10% currently, any more sounds a bit bloated due to room size. It's not room correction but it's still good.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(07-Oct-2016, 21:24)Soniclife Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 11:46)audio_engr Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 09:28)DVLA Wrote: I run the SAM at 100%

Howz one able to alter the % of SAM ?  I didn't know if this was possible ... 

I use the D400 too .. 

Thanks in adv !!  Smile
Just keep going past bass and treble with the tone control button. Being able to dial your speakers into your room size is really useful, mine is at about 10% currently, any more sounds a bit bloated due to room size. It's not room correction but it's still good.

Many thanks for your post. 

Lemme get this correct :

1. Have the SAM On/Off on the Remote. OR is this not necessary ?

2. Then, use TONE to go past < bass > and < treble > 

3. And ... you mean you come to SAM % ??
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(08-Oct-2016, 18:09)audio_engr Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 21:24)Soniclife Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 11:46)audio_engr Wrote: Howz one able to alter the % of SAM ?  I didn't know if this was possible ... 

I use the D400 too .. 

Thanks in adv !!  Smile

Lemme get this correct :

I think on the current firmwares you don't need a specific setting to access this, on the old I think you did need to do something with the remote. After bass and treble there is a SAM percentage dial. And beyond that a list if toggles like phase on a page.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(08-Oct-2016, 22:09)Soniclife Wrote:
(08-Oct-2016, 18:09)audio_engr Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 21:24)Soniclife Wrote: Just keep going past bass and treble with the tone control button. Being able to dial your speakers into your room size is really useful, mine is at about 10% currently, any more sounds a bit bloated due to room size. It's not room correction but it's still good.

Lemme get this correct :

I think on the current firmwares you don't need a specific setting to access this, on the old I think you did need to do something with the remote. After bass and treble there is a SAM percentage dial. And beyond that a list if toggles like phase on a page.

OK ... I got it ... 

Using TONE on the remote, keep toggling till on SAM ... then use volume knob to adj 0 to 100% for SAM ...

Thanks again !!   Smile
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Apologies for the late reply - yes you toggle on the Tone control past Balance, Bass and Treble to get to SAM then adjust the percentage using the volume knob.

You can even switch SAM off completely if you continue toggling to a particular menu that has Mute at the top.

Hope this helps!