Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wall mount - cables?
    . And http://devialetchat.com/attachment.php?aid=333

Hi

You could put your D on a false wall and run the cables down in the void, as I've done here.

Hope it all goes well! 
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Axel
Can you post a photo with the bottom plate removed?

It looks great!
Not sure what you mean buddy. The bottom plate is removed.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I would like to see how the cables exit the Devialet and go into the wall. In the photo you posted, it looked like the detachable portion of the bottom of the Dev is still on. . .that is what I was referring to in my post.
Axel, I see you have a USB cable connected to Devialet.
What do you connect your USB cable to?
harddrive or component?
Clive - very nice. Thanks for posting. Are you using the devialet mount bracket or just screws?
(21-Apr-2015, 18:59)johnsap Wrote: Axel, I see you have a USB cable connected to Devialet.
What do you connect your USB cable to?
harddrive or component?

I use the USB cable to connect to a laptop when I need to digitise some vinyl.
South Coast England
(22-Apr-2015, 11:48)clive.grace Wrote: just screws. At the time the wall bracket was stupid money

I have mine standing off by a few MM for airflow and bling

[Image: 16365135010_007502ea17_c.jpg]Honey I blinged the Devialet by c-g., on Flickr

Wow! That looks really amazing!! Good job. I assume you sticked a led strip on the bottom of the Dev? No problem when its getting really hot?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Just make sure you building inspector does not see your power cord fished through the wall as it is against the code.
Ideally, there should be a power outlet behind your Devialet (other cords can be fished into the wall)
(22-Apr-2015, 23:36)johnsap Wrote: Just make sure you building inspector does not see your power cord fished through the wall as it is against the code.
Ideally, there should be a power outlet behind your Devialet (other cords can be fished into the wall)

dumb question from an ex-pat.... what's a "building inspector" ? Surely you can do what you want in your own home electrically or has that all changed since I left ? And so what if you do something that is against the code; can anybody actually do anything about it ?

....not doubting; just generally interested to hear all about this new stuff that's going on 'back home'...
thanx