Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution for seeing the display while seated
(05-Mar-2015, 03:41)absolutk Wrote: It bothered me quite a bit that I was unable to see the Devialet display while sitting in the listening position. So I took a theory and tried out the experiment. I'm glad to report that the results were positive.

The idea was to take a prism, and have the image be projected forward. I could not use any mirrors, because then I'd need additional components to flip the image back, and that would defeat the purpose of this being a simple contraption.

The image is still too small for me to see from where I'm seated, so I'll be experimenting with some lenses, but for now, this works.

Without further ado - along with a bonus picture: the most expensive kitty daybed ever.

That looks awesome. Great job.
--- JayR

Acer Aspire / Sony SCD-777ES -- Devialet D-200 -- Audio Physic Virgo 25
Of course you could always just use the app for the remote Smile
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(05-Mar-2015, 17:42)Womaz Wrote: Of course you could always just use the app for the remote  Smile

Yes, this is always on the table, but unless you have a dedicated device for it, it's always going to be a bit cumbersome. Plus the fact that the remote app (at least on iOS) does not mirror the display completely, and doesn't have functionality of all buttons.
Devialet 400 / Von Gaylord Return Of The Legend + VG-1 Plus / Well Tempered Simplex w/ Dynavector 20x2L
(05-Mar-2015, 08:46)amabrok Wrote: Brilliant idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you happen to know who the distributor for Devialet is in Dubai? My family lives there and I was just there last week (when the Torch tower caught fire). I want my dad to get a Phantom and wanted to put him in touch with the local distributor.
Devialet 400 / Von Gaylord Return Of The Legend + VG-1 Plus / Well Tempered Simplex w/ Dynavector 20x2L
(05-Mar-2015, 23:08)absolutk Wrote:
(05-Mar-2015, 08:46)amabrok Wrote: Brilliant idea!

Would you happen to know who the distributor for Devialet is in Dubai? My family lives there and I was just there last week (when the Torch tower caught fire). I want my dad to get a Phantom and wanted to put him in touch with the local distributor.

Of course. The one and only "Dubai Audio". Hands down they are the best hifi dealer in the middle east not only dubai.

PM me if you want me details

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(06-Mar-2015, 08:56)amabrok Wrote: Of course. The one and only "Dubai Audio". Hands down they are the best hifi dealer in the middle east not only dubai.

PM me if you want me details
Thank you! Smile
Kitty heat sink is sounding good Wink Looks like a win-win situation.
I used a bent piece of Mirror acrylic , as you say , its flipped both ways , but at least I can see it.. *if I use a pair of binoculars*
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Like this idea. Bought one to try out the effect.