Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six Moons rave for Devialet 200
Six Moons posted a review today for the Fostex GX100 Ltd 2-way monitor.  In the review, Billy Armstong took a moment to describe his impressions of Devialet:

"And allow me one brief detour about Devialet. The contrarian in me would have been secretly sated to have found something to fault with a product that thus far has garnered nothing but universal praise from a multitude of experienced reviewers. But no, the all-conquering Parisians have not only reached the shores of Caledonia but can also chalk up yet another convert! Notably clear and authoritative, with an expressively fluid musicality, it arrives minus any of the pratfalls that one might prejudicially suspect of such an elegant solution. Both amp and DAC performed beautifully and that remote control is almost worth the price of admission alone. For as long as I can recall, audiophiles and industry figures alike have bemoaned a certain lack of collective vision—professionalism even—that too often besets our best efforts to go forth and multiply. So it's a pleasure, a relief almost, to recognise a company that can rightly boast a killer combination of engineering chops, marketing nous and monetary backing required to continue to shake the hifi tree for many years to come. Bravo."

Not bad, huh? Tongue
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.