Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet with fixed IP?
On and off I have tried to connect my D250 to my MacPro's second ethernet input usinf fixed IP setting. Unfortunately it did never play music, even though

AIR recognized Devialet ETH,
and my network showed a functioning (green) Ethernet 2

I set D250 and my Mac on different IP# and the same Mask. But there was no music.

I was not quite sure what to enter as the router on my Mac.

Do any of you use such a setting? Thanks.
Here's what's working for me, direct Ethernet-to-Ethernet, from my iMac to Devialet:

I configured the Devialet Ethernet interface in configurator like this:
DHCP OFF
IP: 10.0.2.99
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

I configured the Ethernet interface on my iMac like this:
Configure IPv4: Manually
IP: 10.0.2.100
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Router: 10.0.2.99 (the Devialet's static IP)

Important: In the Network pane of the System Preferences on my iMac, I had to be sure to set the service order so that WiFi was on top, otherwise the iMac tried to get to the internet through the Devialet (no way!). Since my iMac relies on WiFi for that, I had to make sure WiFi was on the top of the list, so that the iMac tried that interface first. If your MacPro has two ethernet interfaces, make sure the one that you use for Internet is the top of the list! (you can reorder by clicking the sprocket icon at the bottom).

Minor note: My main home WiFi network is on the 10.0.1.x IP range, so I created a separate subnet for the iMac-Devialet (10.0.2.x). I still have the Devialet-WIFI interface connected to the WiFi network so that I can use the Devialet control app from my phone/tablet.
---
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
Danke Flohmann!

That did the trick. I also created a second subnet and that was it!
It is actually better to create a specific route for the Devialet instead of setting it up as a gateway but if it works it works! Nice! Smile

For others using Windows (I'm not a Mac guy) that might want to try, use the command below in a command window to add the route. Leave the default gateway of your dedicated interface to the Devialet empty.

route -p ADD 'devialet IP' 'subnet mask' 'IP of network interface of music server connecting to the Devialet'
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(13-Jun-2014, 13:15)Antoine Wrote: It is actually better to create a specific route for the Devialet instead of setting it up as a gateway but if it works it works! Nice! Smile

Right, the present setup also works without setting a router address. I think my present setup works because the D250 is now on a separate sub-network.