Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fred's system
After having lots of boxes on lots of racks (see here for the Pinterest board of what came before), it's such a relief to be back to a simple system.

Devialet 250
Magico Q1
PS Audio P3 Power Plant AC regenerator
Nordost Frey speaker cable
Shunyata Venom 3 AC cable (mostly because it fits under the back plate!)
PS Audio Plus AC cable
generic CAT7 ethernet cable
rack by Core Audio Designs
21" iMac 2.8Ghz Core i7 (mid-2011), 8gb RAM, 250gb flash/2tb HD

Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
Elegant and simple , i love Q1s they are my favorite small speaker!
Great system ! Love it !!!
Hi Fred,

Pretty similar! I have a MacBook Pro 17" 512GB SSD as source, feeding Devialet 800 electronics and Magico Q1 speakers supplemented by a Wilson Benesch Torus "infrasonic generator".

I also use a couple of PS Audio Power Plant Premiers, predecessor of the P3.

Once I finish my room I will post.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Upgrade from d-Premier to 250 made a real difference with the Q1, taming brightness and improving bass response. Still disappointed by the SAM demotion from "coming soon" to deep in the queue, tho.

Trying to hear a difference between generic CAT7 and Ethernet Vodka CAT7 now... I must be losing my mind.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
Update: Devialet now upgraded to D800. :-)

SAM still dialed in to only 30%.
It's taken quite a while, but system updates are all complete and settled. Magico Q1 now swapped for M3. Devialet Expert 800 upgraded to 1000 Pro, up against the wall on custom stands. Source is mac mini running Roon tucked in the next room. The PS Audio AC regenerator is the only equipment clutter left, but I find I can't live without it.

I always been a fan of open window between the speakers . Based on the picture I would try to get the speakers away from the corners
Very nice , enjoy
(24-Sep-2017, 06:55)no32 Wrote: I always been a fan of open window between the speakers . Based on the picture I would try to get the speakers away from the corners
Very nice , enjoy

Interestingly I sit the other way around; I'm the one 'in the window'. It gets rid of any reflections from behind. I'd like to know your reason for liking a window between the speakers if you don't mind, 32.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(24-Sep-2017, 06:55)no32 Wrote: I always been a fan of open window between the speakers . Based on the picture I would try to get the speakers away from the corners
Very nice , enjoy

Actually, placement was by Stirling Trayle (who does setup for Magico, Rockport, others), and they sound great there. Corner placement is less of a problem, perhaps, since it's wood framed construction and there is the dining room right behind.