Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPARK - only for Phantom speakers?
Can SPARK be used without Phantom Speakers?

Has anyone tried to stream music from their mobile devices using SPARK?
Spark can only be used with Phantoms. It streams music fine from an iPad, for a while.
OTOH I keep "losing" a Phantom from the setup. The sound stops from one speaker and a look at the setup shows Spark is now only seeing one speaker.
I have to start the setup over again. 3 times out of 4 the setup hangs and I have to reset everything and try again.
I assume this is either the firmware crashing in one of the Phantoms or a Spark bug.

IMO this kit is not actually ready for sale yet.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(12-Mar-2015, 14:06)f1eng Wrote: Spark can only be used with Phantoms. It streams music fine from an iPad, for a while.
OTOH I keep "losing" a Phantom from the setup. The sound stops from one speaker and a look at the setup shows Spark is now only seeing one speaker.
I have to start the setup over again. 3 times out of 4 the setup hangs and I have to reset everything and try again.
I assume this is either the firmware crashing in one of the Phantoms or a Spark bug.

IMO this kit is not actually ready for sale yet.

Sounds like Devialet should be paying you for beta testing, Frank! Big Grin
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I have got a Dialog. If I do connect it to the internet and my home network and the powerline and start up the Spark app on my iPad all the app does is searching for a Phantom, wich it nevers finds. All what the Dialog wants is a one direction dialogue to a Phantom. So it's useless for the moment as a streamer bridge untill they have activated the USB connection in the firmware. All we know is that Devialet promises that will be the case by 'mid 2015'. Well there are others things for Devialet to sort out, like the Spark app being buggy and the Dialog loosing connection to the Phantoms. Not to mention the still existing problems with the Air connection on there Expert Line amps.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL