Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hegel H300 vs Devialet 200
Hello,

Does anybody have experience or some thoughts about the Hegel H300 vs Devialet 200?
I am going to buy one of them but don't know which one.
People that have knowledge about this would be very much appreciated.
In both cases they will be paired with the PMC Twenty 26.

Thanks!
The Devialet offers SAM for the PMC Twenty 26 and also the potential of a future upgrade to a dual mono 400. Both of these points should be a consideration. I have never had the pleasure of listening to a Hegel, but at the end of the day, the most important thing is for you to try and listen to each, and let your own ears decide!
I think if you have narrowed it down to two, then the next step is to audition them both. I have just got the 200 and before that I had a shortlist.I demoed two before i went for the 200. The only way is to hear them for yourself.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Here is a review of the 120 in which the viewer compares with Hegel 300.

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/...lifier-dac
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Did you ever get to demo both ? If so, what did you end up with ?
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
I have auditioned the Hegel H300 at home, and found it somewhat dull compared to the other's i auditioned after that. These were the Naim Supernait 2, and of course the Devialet 200. My choice since yesterday has fallen to the Devialet 200 :-).

But as said, the really best way to make a good choice is to listen them both at your home. And when possible both of them at the same time! :-)
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
Well done Bartype! Plus I notice you are also using a turntable, now the Devialet has a excellent phono stage, and the new RAM feature is excellent. Plus your speakers have a SAM profile. If you prefer the sound of the Devialet anyway, all of the rest is a bonus. It looks like you're in for some fun. Welcome to the fold!
Thank you Confused! Yes, it is great to be able to use the turntable this way, it sounds great, although the $ 100,- Ortophon Red element is somewhat limited. But hey, you still need things to wish for... :-)
And SAM, i have to say on the Spendor's it has an effect like loudness, at least in my room. I can't say it's better that way, but still testing it with various pieces of music and volumes.
What is the normal break in time for a Devialet, if there is any? I thought it started to sound better after a few hours of playing...
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
I've had my D400's for almost a year now, and whilst I have very limited listening opportunities due to my working hours, (perhaps 2-3 hours per week) I'd say mine are still improving (coupled with the rest of my system being purchased at the same time)

They've always been "listenable" just improving over time and use.
Allright, good to know... i let the D200 play 24/7 now for a week or 2 from now on, at low volume, it should go faster that way (hopefully) :-)