Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First impressions
Novak, if that's a 2 weeks experience review, I know curiosity will kick in soon enough, and you'll try a second Phantom. Can't wait to read about it! Tongue

Thanks.
(24-Jul-2015, 23:53)Dvlt PhD Wrote: Novak, if that's a 2 weeks experience review, I know curiosity will kick in soon enough, and you'll try a second Phantom. Can't wait to read about it! Tongue

Thanks.

Going now to pick up my 2nd one and borrowing a couple of stands from them till the Branches come in!
(25-Jul-2015, 10:07)Rhamy Wrote:
(24-Jul-2015, 23:53)Dvlt PhD Wrote: Novak, if that's a 2 weeks experience review, I know curiosity will kick in soon enough, and you'll try a second Phantom. Can't wait to read about it! Tongue

Thanks.

Going now to pick up my 2nd one and borrowing a couple of stands from them till the Branches come in!

Went back to see if you had any reviews of yours. Found your bullet hunger post. Pretty positive. Wish you'd expand more when you get the 2nd. Smile

Thanks.

On another note, just thinking aloud... wish we had more reviewers like Clive... He really went all out. Too bad he decided to sell them, but then again, like he's said before, he's not the best guy to rely on for our HiFi expenses. Smile

Reviewers like him makes you worry less that what you're reading is something from someone who's Phantoms are free, just to make Devialet look good. Don't deny you people haven't thought about it.

Anyways, not trying to start a Phantom war. Just saying what inevitably sometimes we think.
(27-Jul-2015, 00:49)Dvlt PhD Wrote:
(25-Jul-2015, 10:07)Rhamy Wrote:

Thanks.

Went back to see if you had any reviews of yours. Found your bullet hunger post. Pretty positive. Wish you'd expand more when you get the 2nd. Smile

Thanks.

On another note, just thinking aloud... wish we had more reviewers like Clive... He really went all out. Too bad he decided to sell them, but then again, like he's said before, he's not the best guy to rely on for our HiFi expenses. Smile

Reviewers like him makes you worry less that what you're reading is something from someone who's Phantoms are free, just to make Devialet look good. Don't deny you people  haven't thought about it.

Anyways, not trying to start a Phantom war. Just saying what inevitably sometimes we think.

I will not attempt a full fledged review but lets just say 2 is better than one! Way better, for a few years now I had been listening to music on my Beoplay A9, so stereo but from one speaker. I almost completely forgot the joy of having independent L+R channels. The sound is superb, the bass is tight and powerful and the mids and highs are clear and effortless. They do not look very pretty sitting on 2 borrowed black speaker stands and the yellow power cable is garish, I anxiously await the Branches! I also connected an airport express to be able to stream directly and when comparing Tidal via airport or Tidal via Spark, the sound is far more focused via Spark. No clue why, but it just is.
Thanks, Rhamy Smile
I am also considering going for two as I only have one white Phantom. The question is two whites or two silvers. Confused
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)