Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative Reviews
This is my favourite bit of the review!!

"But audiophiles are for long time far beyond uneducated following crows."
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
One more pretty bad...
https://soundrebels.com/devialet-expert-440-pro/
(use Google Translate)
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Its a hard to read review, possibly due to translation limits. Looks like the author had a bad config setting, enabled SAM for the speakers which are not SAM certified and wrote about that experience. He thinks a single 220 didn't do it for him but 440 did. I dont think its negative. At the end it says this....

"the title Devialet Expert 440 Pro showed its claws and to put it bluntly "it did it". It is true that the final effect was difficult to classify, despite the obviously aspiring price, to the High-End, but we can safely say that it is a high-class Hi-Fi in a truly designer and lifestyle style."
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
If you read some other their reviews you would see that this one is pretty negative.
Marcin tried SAM for wrong speakers and gave up (as expected) - it's not used for the rest of review.
It appears they were just polite in the end, not wanting to be rude (probably because of importer / shop which gave them Devialet for review) - the last sentence you quoted saying "it's not hi-end, but just good looking Hi-Fi" is saying everything about the device which costs 15k €.

Obviously, both of them (there are two "independent" reviews) like some different kind of sound...

(16-Jun-2014, 08:16)Pim Wrote: Try this one. They put a date in the link. I found it by copying Grays link into google. Then chose someone's Facebook link.

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/01/dev...ng-up.html

He starts by saying he is an analog nut and a computer geek and wanders erratically from there on in. I can understand someone saying openly and honestly that they do not like the looks or sounds of the Pro but wittering on about rooms, plugs and all sorts just makes the article a real dog’s breakfast.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
It appears to me that you've missed the "sequel":
https://www.monoandstereo.com/2015/02/de...ution.html

"Devialet in a sense, revolutionised audio and changed many people`s lives. I can understand the simplification and appreciate the absence of cable clutter and multiple gear stack. Its great and it can work for some. What I cannot understand is the constant industry pushing and high praising of Devialet from the fellow high-end media representatives. Is the marketing coin really so sweet? In my fully sober, lucid state I cannot proclaim Devialet as a fully fledged high-end audio component. It`s not. It can be the latest and the greatest high-tech lifestyle audio music centre in its best industrial design form. Yet, taking the nerve to call it the replacement for the complete high-end audio system is kind of… very wrong for me to sign under.

So, to save mine and your time, the conclusion is clear from my side of the bench. In my view the Devialet is great in what it achieved in one chassis and this with easiness and unseen elegancy. But, call it a true high-end system solution is not something I could do. No matter how much I tried to embrace it or implement it, it always stayed in the realms of hi-fi without crossing the shores of true high-end. Perhaps the reason for positioning the Devialet on the right plane is disagreeing of the avid borderline between hi-fi and high-end. And this is something, that needs to be addressed by the industry as soon as possible for the benefit of all.

By the end of the day many people will be and are happy with the choice. But in the critical world of high-end audio, I strongly feel that the lines should be drawn and references clearly stated."

(07-Aug-2020, 12:32)Delija Wrote: But, call it a true high-end system solution is not something I could do.

But in the critical world of high-end audio, I strongly feel that the lines should be drawn and references clearly stated."

The man claims for lines, to separate hi-fi from high-end maybe just because he definitely need those lines to make the distinction.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(07-Aug-2020, 12:57)BoyScout Wrote:
(07-Aug-2020, 12:32)Delija Wrote: But, call it a true high-end system solution is not something I could do.

But in the critical world of high-end audio, I strongly feel that the lines should be drawn and references clearly stated."

The man claims for lines, to separate hi-fi from high-end maybe just because he definitely need those lines to make the distinction.

Ha, ha I can only laugh about the mono and stereo-report! In the end, the only thing that counts is whether I am satisfied with the sound and equipment, and not the testimony of anybody. No, I rely on my own two ears, then that fits! Big Grin
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
These lines are a shame to the author.
Lol. A 440 not high end? Ha ha. Is the author even an audiophile or music lover?

Of course to each its own but the conclusion is so wrong...