Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Peter!
Hello everybody. After years of box swapping I am now the liberated owner of a Devialet 200 and can honestly say it is the best HiFi purchase I have ever made. My previous system was based around a Tom Evans Vibe/pulse pre and Edge power amps and as you would expect, it sounded very good but I always felt I was listening to the system and not the music.
With the Devialet, I just switch that lovely remote on, sit back and no matter what the source is, it sounds great every time.
My sources are :- Michell Orbe SE/SME IV/Lyra Titan MC for vinyl. Audio Note CDT transport and the ubiquitous Squeezebox touch streaming from a Synology NAS into USB. Speakers are Audio Physic Avanti IIIs
I was using a small sub before, but find that I don't need it with the Devialet.
I was toying with the idea of changing speakers and buying a pair that are SAM compatible but don't know if it will be worth it.
The Devialet has exceeded my wildest expectations with regard to sound quality, the convenience and ease of use are a welcome bonus.
Welcome to Devialet club. I enjoy my D200, too. I think it is worthwhile to explore SAM compatible speakers.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(17-Mar-2015, 10:13)hk6230 Wrote: Welcome to Devialet club. I enjoy my D200, too. I think it is worthwhile to explore SAM compatible speakers.

An alternative if you really love your speaker is to talk to Devialet so that they SAM them. I think they have a service where you ship them your speakers and they ship them back to you after measurement and modeling.

This can be worth it for 'rare' or no longer available speakers.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(16-Mar-2015, 20:52)misterpete Wrote: Hello everybody. After years of box swapping I am now the liberated owner of a Devialet 200 and can honestly say it is the best HiFi purchase I have ever made. My previous system was based around a Tom Evans Vibe/pulse pre and Edge power amps and as you would expect, it sounded very good but I always felt I was listening to the system and not the music.
With the Devialet, I just switch that lovely remote on, sit back and no matter what the source is, it sounds great every time.
My sources are :- Michell Orbe SE/SME IV/Lyra Titan MC  for vinyl. Audio Note CDT transport and the ubiquitous Squeezebox touch streaming from a Synology NAS into USB. Speakers are Audio Physic Avanti IIIs
I was using a small sub before, but find that I don't need it with the Devialet.
I was toying with the idea of changing speakers and buying a pair that are SAM compatible but don't know if it will be worth it.
The Devialet has exceeded my wildest expectations with regard to sound quality, the convenience and ease of use are a welcome bonus.

Welcomes to Devialet Chat and glad to hear that you are enjoying your D200

Please share some photos of your system

enjoy...!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I have my new Devialet 200 feeding my Audio Physic Scorpio 25 with SAM, and I can tell you that SAM makes a HUGE difference. Bass control and extension with SAM are phantastic, and almost unbelievable. to confirm what I heard, I took measurements with my OmniMic and found bass corrected linear down to less than 20 Hz. Devialet has SAM available for almost all current AP models, they may well have your model covered as well, or do it on your request.
Marantz NA-11S1, Shunyata Research Cobra Digital, Nordost Frey interconnects, Rega RP7, Dynavector DV-20x2 L, Devialet 200, LessLoss Audio DFPC Signature AC,  Audio Physic Scorpio 25 (SAM), Sennheiser HD650, Shunyata Research Hydra AV, Shunyata Black Mamba HC
Thanks for that, I will investigate.