Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and USB cables
Anyone using or tried the Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 USB 2.0 cable?
(19-Mar-2015, 18:50)samurai7595 Wrote:
(12-Mar-2015, 21:42)archer75 Wrote: I just bought Shunyata Venom USB.  Anyone using it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A friend of mine is using one and he loves it.

According to Music Direct:
Venom USB utilizes Shunyata’s most-expensive VTX pure-copper conductors and isolates the signal conductors from the power conductors, a design that reduces crosstalk, virtually eliminates noise, and conveys eye-popping and ear-pinning detail.

samurai7595, thanks. It is good to hear, I am running it only a few hours only and hope to see a good result.

(12-Mar-2015, 21:42)archer75 Wrote: I just bought Shunyata Venom USB.  Anyone using it?

Can you give us some feedback on this cable?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(22-Mar-2015, 01:53)hk6230 Wrote:

Can you give us some feedback on this cable?

Hi, I will be - give me some time to burn in the cable and listen my test tracks. I won't be able to compare with any other USB cable though as it is my first time to run something through USB.

I was doing some research concerning USB cables and came across the following from a company called AntiCables.  This US-based company supposedly makes high-quality cables but without the high price (I've never tried their cables).

Regarding their USB cable, they posted the following information:
Since the majority of high performance DACs run from their own power supply, and since the computer's noisy power supply is so destructive to good sound, it was an easy decision to make a product that does not fit the USB standard in the name of music. This AntiCable USB cord is totally absent of the 5 volt wire that runs from end to end. The computer's power supply noise stays in the computer. Only the data pair exist. Because of this, any USB DAC that does not have its own power supply will not work.  There also may be powered DACs in which the designer decided to use the USB 5 volt power to run their USB chipset, and if that is the case, this cord is not compatible. For these customers we will make an identical USB cord that has the 5 volt wire included (select this option above), but the wire will not be married in with the data pair. Instead the 5 volt wire will hang loose and away where it will do as little damage as possible. This way, if the user moves into a different DAC which does not need the computer's power, the 5 volt wire can very easily be cut off.

What I'd like to know is, does the Aurender X100L need the 5 Volt power when connecting to a Devialet 200?
(25-Mar-2015, 12:25)samurai7595 Wrote: I was doing some research concerning USB cables and came across the following from a company cablled AntiCables.  This US-based company supposedly makes high-quality cables but without the high price (I've never tried their cables).

Since the majority of high performance DACs run from their own power supply, and since the computer's noisy power supply is so destructive to good sound, it was an easy decision to make a product that does not fit the USB standard in the name of music. This AntiCable USB cord is totally absent of the 5 volt wire that runs from end to end. The computer's power supply noise stays in the computer. Only the data pair exist. Because of this, any USB DAC that does not have its own power supply will not work.  There also may be powered DACs in which the designer decided to use the USB 5 volt power to run their USB chipset, and if that is the case, this cord is not compatible. For these customers we will make an identical USB cord that has the 5 volt wire included (select this option above), but the wire will not be married in with the data pair. Instead the 5 volt wire will hang loose and away where it will do as little damage as possible. This way, if the user moves into a different DAC which does not need the computer's power, the 5 volt wire can very easily be cut off.

What I'd like to know is, does the Aurender X100L need the 5 Volt power when connecting to a Devialet 200?

Considering the design principle it is not going to affect the source, in your case the Aurender. But it completely depends on Devialet design and whether it needs the 5 volt wire to operate its USB module.

Interesting proposition and will be keen do hear from technical members here on the forum whether this is accurate in theory and if yes whether it will work with Devialet our not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(25-Mar-2015, 14:41)amabrok Wrote:
(25-Mar-2015, 12:25)samurai7595 Wrote: I was doing some research concerning USB cables and came across the following from a company called AntiCables.  This US-based company supposedly makes high-quality cables but without the high price (I've never tried their cables).

Considering the design principle it is not going to affect the source, in your case the Aurender. But it completely depends on Devialet design and whether it needs the 5 volt wire to operate its USB module.

Interesting proposition and will be keen do hear from technical members here on the forum whether this is accurate in theory and if yes whether it will work with Devialet our not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed Devialet and got back the following reply:
We are not sure about if you need the 5V power or not with the USB, but I seem to recall a customer who did the test and indeed needed the 5V.   I think you should contact your dealer in order to see if they have more information on the subject, and also do the test with and without the 5V usb device.

(25-Mar-2015, 17:53)samurai7595 Wrote: I emailed Devialet and got back the following reply:
We are not sure about if you need the 5V power or not with the USB, but I seem to recall a customer who did the test and indeed needed the 5V.   I think you should contact your dealer in order to see if they have more information on the subject, and also do the test with and without the 5V usb device.

Are Devialet saying that they do not know whether their own USB needs the 5V power supply? Surely not!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
"We are not sure" ... Doesn't fill you full of confidence does it?
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(25-Mar-2015, 21:04)misterpete Wrote: "We are not sure" ... Doesn't  fill you full of confidence does it?

The Devialet requires 5v power for the initial "handshake" between the computer and the Devialet. I have a sotm USB card that has the option to turn off the power. If I start a song and then cut the power it continues to play, but if you turn off the Devialet or cycle through the inputs I need to turn the power from the USB card back on before it will play again.

Another experiment I just did was to use an ifi iUSB power supply and Gemini dual USB cable. With this setup I can leave the power from the USB card off permanently because the Devialet gets power from the iUSB. So you could use the anticable USB cable from your computer to the iUSB and then another USB cable from the iUSB to the Devialet.