Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS Audio P3 for D400 + Montis
P5 review:

http://www.stereotimes.com/post/ps-audio...ctwave-p5/
Good to hear you're enjoying your Isotek products Amabrok.

I've just picked up a Titan on a home dem. I have to say I could tell the difference as soon as I plugged it in. It's really good! The bass is deeper and more tuneful. The soundstage is better. The treble is cleaner and sharper but without any harshness. Dynamics seem great too. Can't find a negative......
(08-May-2015, 14:08)cc1 Wrote: Good to hear you're enjoying your Isotek products Amabrok.

I've just picked up a Titan on a home dem. I have to say I could tell the difference as soon as I plugged it in. It's really good! The bass is deeper and more tuneful. The soundstage is better. The treble is cleaner and sharper but without any harshness. Dynamics seem great too. Can't find a negative......

Thanks cc1. So far I am very happy. Very solidly built products from Isotek. Very stable and clean current.and my system seems to like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Woah! Now I am confused. The PS Audio products are mains regenerators, whilst almost everything else mentioned on this thread are mains conditioners. As I will soon be moving to North Cyprus, I have started to investigate the P3 from PS Audio, but PS Audio does not seem to be well received here, and I wonder why?

Having come from Naim for many, many years, mains conditioners are a big no-no. Naim want you to buy their PSU upgrades which, of course, do their own filtering by system design, all one needs to do with Naim is provide separate mains spurs and everything is optimised (as far as Naim is concerned).

To me, the PS Audio products seem ideal if you are located in a country that has fluctuating mains and regular power cuts. Why should they affect the dynamics other than if they are unable to give out fast high power when called upon by the amp for peak transients? Especially at 'normal' listening levels? Regenerating mains has to be better than filtering / conditioning surely? The PS Audio team clearly state that their products are not mains conditioners. They make an analogy about filtered water and purified water, tallied to mains conditioners and mains regenerators respectively.

Maybe it's me, after many years of Naim I have an 'instinctive' aversion to mains conditioning, but regenerating dodgy incoming electricity has, on paper, many merits.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Hi Allen. I see where your are coming from and what you said makes sense.

My experience with PS Audio was only with their entry level Dectet and it did a decent job when it worked but the problem is it broke down after only 8 month of use! This plus feedback online and from my dealer that they are prone to bugs and issues I decided to steer away from PS AUDIO.

This is on the one hand, on the other hand, not all conditioners are made equal. Good quality ones with high current outlets have the needed capacity to drive even the hungry amps (not the case with Devialet though) and also have the built in protection to fend off any problems coming from the mains. They clean,purify and protect from surges and fluctuations..

So far I can say I am very pleased with Isotek

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Hi Amabrok

Thanks, all good feedback. Notably the PS Audio Dectet is a conditioner, not a regenerator like the P3, P5 & P10 products. All protect against surges and mains fluctuations, but the conditioners will also filter, thus having some side effects on SQ as noted by many here and elsewhere. In theory the regenerators should not.

Your noted comments about the PS Audio regenerators reportedly going faulty and damaging other components is very worrying though.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(10-May-2015, 11:07)AllenB Wrote: Your noted comments about the PS Audio regenerators reportedly going faulty and damaging other components is very worrying though.

In all fairness I did not have a first hand experience myself with any of the PS Audio regenerators. But the reliability issue I had with the Dectet and the feedback I heard here and there did not encourage me to invest in the P5 I was initially targeting

Dubai, UAE