Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot copy dp_cfg.txt to SD card
First time using config on new 200.  Tried to save link as  (Mac)  to SD card named Devialet AIR 2.1.3.pkg

get error:  Failed - insufficient permissions

DO I need to wipe the card first?

Thanks

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA
Make sure that the write protect lock is not engaged on the SD card itself.

Also as a good practice,create a folder on your Mac with a descriptive name of what this config file is then save the file in that folder with the standard name as mandated by Devialet system. Then from there you copy and paste the file to your SD card. This way you have an offline reference to the file for future use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(19-Mar-2015, 06:35)amabrok Wrote: Make sure that the write protect lock is not engaged on the SD card itself.

Also as a good practice,create a folder on your Mac with a descriptive name of what this config file is then save the file in that folder with the standard name as mandated by Devialet system. Then from there you copy and paste the file to your SD card. This way you have an offline reference to  the file for future use

Thanks amabrok.  It only allowed me to copy from my mac, not save link as directly from the site.

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

(19-Mar-2015, 06:32)bobertk Wrote: First time using config on new 200.  Tried to save link as  (Mac)  to SD card named Devialet AIR 2.1.3.pkg

Hello bobertk.  A couple of points to supplement amabrok's reply:

Not sure whether you're using Safari to download the file from the configurator, but I've found that not to work very well.  It goes much more smoothly if I use Firefox.  (I have no idea why.)

Also, maybe this was a typo, but putting the Devialet AIR .pkg file on your 200's SD card isn't going to do anything useful; instead it needs to be installed on your Mac.

Hope that helps,

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(19-Mar-2015, 08:48)thumb5 Wrote:
(19-Mar-2015, 06:32)bobertk Wrote: First time using config on new 200.  Tried to save link as  (Mac)  to SD card named Devialet AIR 2.1.3.pkg

Not sure whether you're using Safari to download the file from the configurator, but I've found that not to work very well.  It goes much more smoothly if I use Firefox.  (I have no idea why.)

Also, maybe this was a typo, but putting the Devialet AIR .pkg file on your 200's SD card isn't going to do anything useful; instead it needs to be installed on your Mac.

Hope that helps,

Ian
Thanks Ian.  Used Chrome, will try firefox next time.

The AIR pkg was on the card when I inserted it into the SD drive on the mac.  Guess they were saving me a download?

- Robert

(19-Mar-2015, 14:59)bobertk Wrote:

Hope that helps,

Ian

The AIR pkg was on the card when I inserted it into the SD drive on the mac.  Guess they were saving me a download?

- Robert

So, one stores whatever configs wanted on the mac and installs the current one on the SD card as dp_cfg.txt.  No file on the card reverts to factory setting?  Can you just pull the card to get factory setting?

(19-Mar-2015, 15:22)bobertk Wrote:

Hope that helps,

Ian

- Robert

So, one stores whatever configs wanted on the mac and installs the current one on the SD card as dp_cfg.txt.  No file on the card reverts to factory setting?  Can you just pull the card to get factory setting?

Also, both you helpful gents are using the 400 - did you purchase as a 400 or start with the 200 and add a slave?  Any thoughts to share on the addition, if so?

Thanks

-Robert

(19-Mar-2015, 15:25)bobertk Wrote:

Hope that helps,

Ian

- Robert

Also, both you helpful gents are using the 400 - did you purchase as a 400 or start with the 200 and add a slave?  Any thoughts to share on the addition, if so?

Thanks

-Robert

I started with D200 and later upgraded to D400

And it is amazing. Dual mono is not only about adding more power, it is also about width and depth of the sound stage plus clarity and warmth for every note played. It is by all means a blissful experience and a major omnidirectional step that expands everything!

The only drawback though is the buggy configurator for the dual mono. It is nasty to say the least. And what makes it nasty is the fact that is absolutely unpredictable! So I may face an issues no one else faces and so do you!!!

But once you land on a working configuration you stick with it and it will be a wonderful journey onwards.

Of course we are all hopes that Devialet will address this soon. It is long time over due already

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(19-Mar-2015, 17:31)amabrok Wrote:
(19-Mar-2015, 15:25)bobertk Wrote:
(19-Mar-2015, 08:48)thumb5 Wrote: Hello bobertk.  A couple of points to supplement amabrok's reply:

Hope that helps,

Ian

- Robert

Thanks

-Robert

I started with D200 and later upgraded to D400

And it is amazing. Dual mono is not only about adding more power, it is also about width and depth of the sound stage plus clarity and warmth for every note played. It is by all means a blissful experience and a major omnidirectional step that expands everything!

The only drawback though is the buggy configurator for the dual mono. It is nasty to say the least. And what makes it nasty is the fact that is absolutely unpredictable! So I may face an issues no one else faces and so do you!!!

But once you land on a working configuration you stick with it and it will be a wonderful journey onwards.

Of course we are all hopes that Devialet will address this soon. It is long time over due already

Thanks Amabrok.  Wonder if a factory 400 has the same issues.  I'm a retired software guy, maybe I'll send my CV to Devialet...

Are you originally from Dubai?  My father worked in Jeddah many years for Mobil Oil corp.