Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over 40 Engineers !!!
Devialet really only has one product marketed in several different implementations.
This is the Devialet that we know and love.
It is interesting and exciting to speculate on the future developments of that current D product that might be coming our way.
But apparently Devialet has over 40 engineers in it's employ.
There is no way that they are all working on the current D product.
My guess is that there is a bigger game afoot. Something that might make more sense of Devialets slogan "One day everyone will own a Devialet".
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
I really hope they don't take the common step of branching out into different areas and overreach themselves. They're doing what they do well at the moment. I can see them producing a lower cost, more mass market product though, but that could be risky.
I expect quite a few of those engineers are working on getting speakers SAM-ready.
And presumably some are working on soft- and firmware upgrades.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Before the new models were introduced Devialet stated that they were also working on miniaturizing it's ADH technology so that it could be licensed out and integrated in all kinds of devices like TV's, mobile phones, etc. I believe they set a ten year time frame for that back then. So yes I think Gray is right in restating Devialet's slogan "One day everyone will own a Devialet".

Of course (lucky us! Smile) they're working on new functionality for our devices as well since we know they update the current model's firmware twice a year.

edit: while trying to find the original source of what I wrote above I found a very recent article (in French) discussing these plans: http://www.lesechos.fr/22/01/2014/LesEch...-futur.htm
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Given that they've got amplification and streaming sorted, any number of speaker companies to partner with, and a knack for ergonomics and design, I wouldn't be surprised to see an all-in-one Bose/Sonos type system.

Most people don't really want hi-fi, just something that sounds OK and is nice to look at (which is why Bose do so well). Devialet would wipe the floor with Bose IMO.

Pure speculation, of course.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
Devialet, a Bose-like ???

I feel sick...
I don't see a problem with them competing with the likes of Bose, so long as the product is a step change and not just a "wannabe". It would be a brave move where many have stumbled but I think Devialet could do it. They need the "halo" of the high end first though and perhaps it's a bit too early to capitalise on their reputation.
This says what their plans are:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...5297646989
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
This Munich news piece caught my eye a few weeks ago:

May 2014 - Stenheim Reference - This Swiss speaker house which was started by four Goldmund engineers who have since migrated to Devialet is readying their new Reference line under new CEO Jean-Pascal Panchard. The world premiere is scheduled during Munich HighEnd 2014, albeit not at the main conference center venue but in the Hotel Kempinski on Friday the 16th of May after regular show hours. Like the existing Alumine monitor and matching subwoofer stand, the Stenheim Reference speakers will adopt full aluminium enclosures to add themselves to the Magico and YG Acoustics lineage.

Reading the link below suggests that all 5 founders left in 2013...

http://www.stenheim.com/history/

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(19-Jun-2014, 15:27)GuillaumeB Wrote: This Munich news piece caught my eye a few weeks ago:

May 2014 - Stenheim Reference - This Swiss speaker house which was started by four Goldmund engineers who have since migrated to Devialet is readying their new Reference line under new CEO Jean-Pascal Panchard. The world premiere is scheduled during Munich HighEnd 2014, albeit not at the main conference center venue but in the Hotel Kempinski on Friday the 16th of May after regular show hours. Like the existing Alumine monitor and matching subwoofer stand, the Stenheim Reference speakers will adopt full aluminium enclosures to add themselves to the Magico and YG Acoustics lineage.

Reading the link below suggests that all 5 founders left in 2013...

http://www.stenheim.com/history/

Guillaume

I think these are the guys who designed the speakers I use too before they left to form Stenheim, the Goldmund Epilog 1&2. There is an Epilog 3 subwoofer too but since the vast Epilog 2 already goes down to 26 Hz (lower in room) this is a home theatre luxury IMHO.
I notice, to my astonishment, that the Epilog 2 is in the list of speakers to be voted for, so I placed the first vote. Perhaps these guys know it well and I will be lucky enough for it to be SAMmed eventually. I certainly did not expect it so I am tickled pink.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire