Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External DAC Into Devialet Line Inputs
I Know it sounds cray cray  Big Grin , but has anyone found an external DAC feeding the analog inputs into the Devialet that sounds better than a digital source?

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Well I tried a three DACs into the analogue inputs of my Devialet a few years ago and the sonic signature of each DAC clearly was audible, so I concluded (at least to my personal satisfaction) that the analogue inputs are transparent. By implication I would say this means the digital inputs are too, since they are the same just lacking the ADC part.
So if one favours the added colouration of some of the more eccentrically engineered DACs out there I think the Devialet will pass through their added colour unaltered, but if a bit of added euphonic colouration is your bag buying the most transparent amp yet produced (my opinion of the Devialet) does not perhaps make much sense in the first place Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Here is the link that might interest you. http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=872 - by hk6230

just a suggestion, browsing in Streaming section one can find wealth of information Smile
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"