Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom vs Devialet 120 plus Audio Physic 25+ (german)
https://curved.de/news/devialet-vs-audio...ten-231686

best
/mattes
I know some members have found a pair of Phantoms a rival
For the b&w 802 but is there anyone else thinking of replacing their
High end speakers with Phantoms?

Can they rival something like magico s3 with Devialet 400? 
Thanks
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.
I have not heard them yet but I find it hard to believe that they can replace high end speakers. Some people don't hear the difference between 320mp3 and Flac. Some don't hear the difference between cables. It's all subjective I'd say. I would assume that people that are sensitive to the smallest difference will find the Phantoms not a match for a high end speaker. Price wise the AP tempos are much cheaper than the Magico S3's so I'd assume they will definitely not be close to there performance.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Great question. My question too. 

Subscribed. 
I have had Silver Phantoms since March. I can compare them with Goldmund Epilog 1&2 speakers, the best I have heard, and Tune Audio Animas, my preferred horns.
They are very close, and some may well prefer the Phantoms. I would say what they lose in having more modest drive units they gain back by not having a rectangular box with spaced drive units. They also have almost zero cabinet talk, which very few speakers achieve IME unless very, very much more expensive than the Phantoms.

Overall my only criticism is that they are less versatile than my Devialet 800 system, since I use a turntable and do not subscribe to either Deezer or Qobuz.

Their sound is clear without harshness and the bass is much cleaner and less boomy or cabinet-coloured than the vast majority of speakers I have heard.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I had 2 Silver Phantoms at home but I have sent them back after a week. They are indeed excellent speakers and will beat lots of much more expensive systems, but they could not rival my system which consists of a Vivid Audio Giya G2 and Devialet 800.
Especially in the mids and highs the Giya is much better, clearer, better dynamics, better imaging. The bass of the Giya has more slam, but here the Phantoms are nearly comparable which is already unbelievable.
So in theory the Phantoms could be as good as my 15x more expensive system if they can improve the performance in the highs and mids. Maybe in 1 or 2 years if they come up with a V2 I will try again.
I have no use for a second system, otherwise I would have kept them...but Devialet is promising the best sound in the world which is not really the truth. Only almost...
(16-May-2015, 09:47)Vivialet Wrote: I had 2 Silver Phantoms at home but I have sent them back after a week. They are indeed excellent speakers and will beat lots of much more expensive systems, but they could not rival my system which consists of a Vivid Audio Giya G2 and Devialet 800.

WOW. So do You think takt compraring to typical loudspeakers costing for a pair 5000-8000 EURO Phantoms are much better?
I've got to hear them. Wow.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(16-May-2015, 11:22)moreno1973 Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 09:47)Vivialet Wrote: I had 2 Silver Phantoms at home but I have sent them back after a week. They are indeed excellent speakers and will beat lots of much more expensive systems, but they could not rival my system which consists of a Vivid Audio Giya G2 and Devialet 800.

WOW. So do You think takt compraring to typical loudspeakers costing for a pair 5000-8000 EURO Phantoms are much better?

can't say that for all speakers of course, but for the ones that I know: yes. Most systems are limited by wrong cables or speaker -amp combinations that do not fit. Phantom does not have these problems...only much more expensive and very carefully combined systems are better. Of course depending on your listening preference. If you like coloured sound then Phantom is not for you. And if you want to connect other sources than digital then Phantom is currently also not for you.
Confirm Vivialet

Sent by iPad