Poll: Are you satisfied with your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
86.36%
57 86.36%
No
3.03%
2 3.03%
Still Undecided
10.61%
7 10.61%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet - Overall Satisfaction
(24-Mar-2015, 17:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi Philip, I think you should try and borrow an Aries and decide for yourself. I agree with you it ticks most of the boxes. It's a great little package with a good UI/CP. 

Give it a try you might like it!

Guillaume

There are no Auralic dealers near me, the reviews on here have been lukewarm and I don't like wasting people's time Smile

Naim are rumoured to be adding Tidal support to their streamers sometime in the next few months which is a possible solution. My NDX does a decent job transferring files from a NAS to S/PDIF and the control app is ok - it's a shame that their styling is so last decade... actually its more like late 90s Wink
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(24-Mar-2015, 17:35)PhilP Wrote: in the next few months which is a possible solution. My NDX does a decent job transferring files from a NAS to S/PDIF and the control app is ok - it's a shame that their styling is so last decade... actually its more like late 90s Wink

I know what you mean. How does NDX sound compare to AIR? I think you might have already talked about this but can't remember.

I do think the Aries is a nice little package. I got one on a sale or return from Igloo:

http://www.iglooaudio.co.uk

No quibble return policy, got my money back before the credit card payment was due. Very straight-forward.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(24-Mar-2015, 17:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: I know what you mean. How does NDX sound compare to AIR? I think you might have already talked about this but can't remember.

Guillaume

Yes, I have mentioned it a couple of times Wink  The NDX + XPS external power supply is the best source that I've heard through my Devialet - it has a mature, full sound with no digital edge.   The price new is about £7k and you're paying for a lot of redundancy - unused DAC, unused internal power supply, two expensive cases etc.  In comparison AIR is more-detailed and more "airy" but can sometimes be a little thin and bright.  

The NDX without the external PS is still good but not as smooth and relaxed. It also really benefits from the addition of a Naim Powerline (£515).

The Naim control app - now called Naim - works fine for me but some on the Naim forum seem to have a lot problems/issues with it.

Naim have recently added Spotify Connect to their streamers but have given no firm commitment for integration with Qobuz, Tidal, Deezer etc.

If you like the Naim styling and multi-box approach then the NDX/XPS is a good but pricey source.  From the descriptions on here I would expect the SQ to be similar to that of the Melco N1A or Aurender N100 (which is why I think the Auralic Aries probably won't cut it) but the NDX is a significantly higher price.  The fact that AIR is more detailed makes me suspect that the N1Z and Totaldac might outperform it. Errr - a lot of speculation in this last paragraph...

IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)