Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colloms Hifi Critic 200 review
(02-Apr-2015, 22:05)Womaz Wrote: I heard Naim kit once and must admit I did like it ......but lets be honest it's the Ann Widdiecomb of hi fi  Smile

Hilarious - though the reference may not be familiar to forumites outside the UK Smile. Do you mean you like Ann Widdecombe?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(02-Apr-2015, 22:10)PhilP Wrote:
(02-Apr-2015, 22:05)Womaz Wrote: I heard Naim kit once and must admit I did like it ......but lets be honest it's the Ann Widdiecomb of hi fi  Smile

Hilarious - though the reference may not be familiar to forumites outside the UK Smile. Do you mean you like Ann Widdecombe?

What do you think ?  Shy Shy
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(02-Apr-2015, 22:21)Womaz Wrote:

It's a while since I last heard her but remember that she did project a rather forward, strident and often relentlessly fatiguing mid-range
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(02-Apr-2015, 22:28)PhilP Wrote:
(02-Apr-2015, 22:21)Womaz Wrote:

It's a while since I last heard her but remember that she did project a rather forward, strident and often relentlessly fatiguing mid-range

Undecided  I try to forget 
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I think that post should get an award for the most pithy of the year!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
As a none UK forumite I would for sure appreciate some background to the Ann W comment.

Best/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(02-Apr-2015, 21:22)Mikeeo Wrote: MC reviews have always been a mystery to me and my own listening experiences though at few times they concurred.

I also come from the Naim camp and Dev is def better in all areas. The thing is that the Dev really do PRAT so good it is just natural music coming out of the speakers as it doesn't leave a mark of it self like a product that is 'tuned' this or that way. 

Well we all have our experiences and opinions. 

/Mike

I've read the term Pace Rhythm and Timing a number of times in reviews but never understood what it stands for. If I wouldn't read it in the context of an amp, I woud think you were talking about the drummer... Can someone please enlighten me?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Apr-2015, 10:35)Mikeeo Wrote: As a none UK forumite I would for sure appreciate some background to the Ann W comment.

Best/Mike

I've sent you a PM to explain!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(02-Apr-2015, 18:30)PhilP Wrote: 'Devious' or 'Deviant' ?

Hi Philip,
Yes, I like Deviant better.
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(03-Apr-2015, 10:59)IanG-UK Wrote:
(03-Apr-2015, 10:35)Mikeeo Wrote: As a none UK forumite I would for sure appreciate some background to the Ann W comment.

Best/Mike

I've sent you a PM to explain!

Thanks Ian! PM:ed back already!

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK