Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Adjust SAM Level?
never switch the card while the Devialet is on. Always unplug it from power. Then insert the SD card and plug it in again. It will automatically start to install the software. It will skip the installation if the version is exactly the same.
Vivialet's and Iamwappie's  points are important. The firmware number may be the same, but do the download and update the firmware. In my experience you can change configurations for button actions and SAM profiles without turning off the unit, but a firmware update does require a power cycle. I think that posting your D model and other setup details will help others identify peculiarities to specific system set-ups and other customization options.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
D200. SAM on (B&W CM10), ethernet and wifi configured.
So I finally got it to "update" - though it was already at 7.1.1. It went thru the update but nothing changed. Still no access to the SAM level.
Crazy. If you are now on the latest version of 7.1.1 then I would expect the SAM % ability to be back in effect. I've changed SAM profiles using the SD card, as I change speakers, and the SAM % capability is still there. Wish I could help, or suggest something else, but I'm out of ideas.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
how do you try to access the SAM % ?
SOLVED.

Turns out there were several items that contributed to the issues - thanks for everyone's help.

1. Install the latest firmware (even though what was displayed on my D200 was the same version number of the download).
2. You must enable a button for SAM on/off. This is key. Without this, apparently SAM will be on but you can't turn it on/off OR adjust the level.

I had originally did #2 then when I did #1 I did not also do #2.. .
Reading through this thread provides yet more evidence that there are multiple versions of 7.1.1
The firmware numbering has caused a bit of confusion for others; actually downloading the 7.1.1 from Devialet and installing it, even if it is the same number is important.

Your point #2 is interesting, but makes some sense. Good find and good contribution.
Damon
Vancouver, Canada
Same problem. I am STUNNED there are multiple versions of 7.1.1! It is past midnight and this thing has to work early tomorrow, so I don't dare take a chance at a software update now. No SAM adjustment for moi. Is there any chance the monsieurs at Devialet will stop this deceitful practice?

If not for you all on DevialetChat, the many mysteries and bugs (okay, mostly with quirky workarounds) would be driving me crazy. After I update, I'll report on whether SAM adjustment appears.

A small contribution: If one does not insert the SD deeply and hold it a second, sometimes the Dev can give a bogus "same config" message. Inserting the SD a second time can save a lot of tail-chasing frustration.