Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyred4Sound Remedy Reclocker
My friend and I auditioned the Wyred4sound Remedy reclocker/resampler this weekend.  It sits between the SP/DIF digital output on his Moon Andromeda CDP and one of the SP/DIF inputs on his Devialet 200.  This little device made an outstanding improvement.  The sound had significantly less glare and the presentation was more relaxed.  The noise floor was even lower and the soundstage was more dimensional.  The resulting sound was the best I have heard.

You owe it to yourself to audition one of these devices.  It is remarkable, and even more remarkable for the asking price of $399 US.  It was cheaper than one of my digital interconnects.  I highly recommend it. 

https://wyred4sound.com/products/digital...-reclocker

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/wyred/1.html

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/0...er-review/

http://www.amazon.com/Wyred-Sound-Remedy...B00MX84PNU
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Sounds like an advertisement
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(01-Apr-2015, 08:08)hk6230 Wrote: Sounds like an advertisement
No, not an advertisement, just an enthusiastic and relatively new D400 owner Big Grin
What really surprised me was my dealer, who sells both the Devialet and Wyred 4 Sound gear, was adamant that the Remedy would do nothing in my set up because of the "state of the art pro audio digital implementation" in the Dev (his words not mine).  However, I insisted that I wanted to try the remedy.  He was wrong and I'm keeping the unit I auditioned.

Kerry

<SP/DIF out from Simaudio Moon Eclipse CDP, Devialet D400 Monoblocks using supplied Crystal Cable link, Jamo R909 speakers, Atlas & Ear 2 Ear Cables>
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
At that price I might try one just out of curiosity, it might be interesting to see if it improves the sound from a TV via Toslink for example.

Trouble is, it doesn't look like they are available in the UK?
(02-Apr-2015, 20:55)Confused Wrote: At that price I might try one just out of curiosity, it might be interesting to see if it improves the sound from a TV via Toslink for example.

ItemAudio.co.uk

£349 so usual UK rip-off compared to US price
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(02-Apr-2015, 20:55)Confused Wrote: At that price I might try one just out of curiosity, it might be interesting to see if it improves the sound from a TV via Toslink for example.

I believe this is a SRC i.e. Sample Rate Converter. All is converted and output as 96kHz. So unlike the Totaldac reclocker which is transparent to the input sample rate, the Wyred4sound unit changes sample rate.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
These work well, and yes all signals are re-clocked to 96khz.

I have owned the Empirical audio synchro mesh which ones the same and it cleans up all signals sent through it. I had all of my digital devices plugged into it including my tv/satellite box and it improves the sound quality.
I tried the Remedy against my Genesis Digital Lens, which is a similar (but much older) unit that buffers the digital data and reclocks it out. I use this not with my Devialet (which is connected via Ethernet), but with an Apple Airplay Express that I use to feed a headphone system elsewhere in the house. I found that both the Remedy and the Digital Lens made a noticeable improvement, but that the Lens was marginally better and has more input/output flexibility.

Since the Lens is hard to find and more expensive when it appears on Audiogon, I think the Remedy is actually an excellent value, particularly where you have a jitter-prone source (like the Airport Express).
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
(02-Apr-2015, 20:09)MusicFirst Wrote:
No, not an advertisement, just an enthusiastic and relatively new D400 owner Big Grin
What really surprised me was my dealer, who sells both the Devialet and Wyred 4 Sound gear, was adamant that the Remedy would do nothing in my set up because of the "state of the art pro audio digital implementation" in the Dev (his words not mine).  However, I insisted that I wanted to try the remedy.  He was wrong and I'm keeping the unit I auditioned.

Kerry

<SP/DIF out from Simaudio Moon Eclipse CDP, Devialet D400 Monoblocks using supplied Crystal Cable link, Jamo R909 speakers, Atlas & Ear 2 Ear Cables>

Big Grin Glad that you like the reclocker. Maybe I should order one to try, too.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(04-Apr-2015, 00:58)hk6230 Wrote:
(02-Apr-2015, 20:09)MusicFirst Wrote:

Kerry

Big Grin Glad that you like the reclocker. Maybe I should order one to try, too.

Well, at $US399 its a no brainer for me at least. At £349 I still think its worth it. 

Kerry