Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyred4Sound Remedy Reclocker
Just bought one of these Ex-demo and it's simply stunning! Use it from my Airport Express (AirPlay). Made such a massive difference.

To my ears, makes streaming Spotify and tidal from my iPhone sound better than Devislet Air over Wifi.
How much do you need to pay for such ex-demo unit?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

£325. Not much off, was only a few months old, but every little helps!
(09-May-2015, 09:49)stuartwoodrandom Wrote: Just bought one of these Ex-demo and it's simply stunning! Use it from my Airport Express (AirPlay). Made such a massive difference.

To my ears, makes streaming Spotify and tidal from my iPhone sound better than Devislet Air over Wifi.

Is this what they call the W4S Remedy? If so, I have heard very good reports, have been thinking of trying one between my CD player and D400. 

I use a W4S Music Server and can report that it is terrific piece of kit. 

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(09-May-2015, 13:41)brit Wrote:
(09-May-2015, 09:49)stuartwoodrandom Wrote: Just bought one of these Ex-demo and it's simply stunning! Use it from my Airport Express (AirPlay). Made such a massive difference.

Is this what they call the W4S Remedy? If so, I have heard very good reports, have been thinking of trying one between my CD player and D400. 

David

Yep its the W4S Remedy.  My friend ordered one for his system when he heard it in mine.  Its been backordered for several weeks so demand must be high....
I am using it between the S/PDIF output on my Esoteric UX-1 and the digital 2 on the Master of my D400.  It is an exceptional device.  Better imaging with a wider and deeper soundstage with more detail and a lower noise floor, while at the same time offering a more relaxed, musical presentation.  These combined effects are rare in my experience.

One thing I should add is that I haven't heard any of the competition, and there are a lot of similar devices with different I/O combinations that appear interesting, but in my system, the W4S remedy really stands on its own merits.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
(09-May-2015, 15:54)MusicFirst Wrote:
(09-May-2015, 13:41)brit Wrote:

David

Yep its the W4S Remedy.  My friend ordered one for his system when he heard it in mine.  Its been backordered for several weeks so demand must be high....
I am using it between the S/PDIF output on my Esoteric UX-1 and the digital 2 on the Master of my D400.  It is an exceptional device.  Better imaging with a wider and deeper soundstage with more detail and a lower noise floor, while at the same time offering a more relaxed, musical presentation.  These combined effects are rare in my experience.

One thing I should add is that I haven't heard any of the competition, and there are a lot of similar devices with different I/O combinations that appear interesting, but in my system, the W4S remedy really stands on its own merits.

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Many thanks. It seems like your experience matches what I have heard about them! I will have to see what the ordering situation is like and get one to try. As mentioned, I would like to try it between CD player and D400 Master using S/PDIF IN/OUT. I also have a Wadia W170i iPod Dock which might also benefit from the Remedy, although that might be a bit Rolls Royce!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
When my friend finally receive his Remedy, we got together one weekend and, just for grins connected his unit and mine is series. With two units the additional improvement was not insignificant! I would say an extra 50% over a single unit and a no brainer at the asking price. The extra digital cable costs more than the reclocker!

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Hi all - new d120 owner here. Curious if others have tried this and whether it's worth it. I would have thought the devialet would correct some jitter on its own? Thanks in advance.
Devialet 120, Kef LS50
Only using Air

Sent by iPad
I have been pondering whether to get one for my Sonos Connect, which I can also use it for my Apple TV. Just not sure how much improvement will it make. Anyone can further comment on this? I'm getting ready for Sonos to support Apple Music and take my PC/Tablet out of the music chain for Apple Music playback.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier