Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyred4Sound Remedy Reclocker
(22-Oct-2015, 18:07)vipnyc Wrote:
(22-Oct-2015, 13:04)Confused Wrote: I had assumed that Bentrider was probably a very nice  Mr Ben T Rider.....

Seeing his earlier post, I did consider posting something quite hilarious, related to Devialet advertising imagery, naked queens, tattooed men and massive rearing stallions having fun at one of Mr Bent Rider's notoriously wild Devialet parties.  However, I decided against this in the end.

Anyway, getting this back on topic.  The re-clocker will be carefully auditioned with a varied selection of possible duties, should be interesting.  I agree that it is a fairly easy thing to set up, (biggest issue, I have run out of available mains outlets!) but there are a few things I want to try with it, so it will need a few quiet hours.  Checking my schedule, it looks like this will probably happen 31st October.  I'm too busy with a naked queen and a tattooed man before then.

Thanks look forward to the results... If you are going to run it with a TV i'm also curious if there are any a/v sync issues that are introduced by the reclocker.

Appreciate it!

I'm happy to try anything!  I think the interesting thing will be on how it works specifically with a Devialet amp, or even more specifically, between an otherwise relatively "low fi" source and a Devialet.  Plus, picking up on Hrky's point, I too am a bit of a purist and dislike the idea adding things in the audio chain, so if I find that the thing doesn't perform with a Devialet, that is what I'll report.
(22-Oct-2015, 16:27)Manoet Wrote: Confused, is the naked queen and tattooed man one person or two? Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)

To clarify, I have a master and a slave.
(22-Oct-2015, 15:33)hrky_zmaj Wrote: IMHO :
Just another drawback in signal path ! One more USB cable, two more contact places and ofcourse one more Walmart PS for this useless digital appendix.
Regards , Hrky

Actually, there's no USB cable involved, only toslink cable. But then again, you may be right that it is useless and one additional walmart PS is not good, too. And I believe DAR has reviewed it that it may not be much enhancement to "higher"-end components.

Anyway, we will await for Confused's report. Big Grin
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(23-Oct-2015, 00:30)hk6230 Wrote:
Just another drawback in signal path ! One more USB cable, two more contact places and ofcourse one more Walmart PS for this useless digital appendix.
Regards , Hrky

Actually, there's no USB cable involved, only toslink cable. But then again, you may be right that it is useless and one additional walmart PS is not good, too. And I believe DAR has reviewed it that it may not be much enhancement to "higher"-end components.

Anyway, we will await for Confused's report.  Big Grin

toslink! there is no place for toslink in high-end ! IMHO, Hrky
(23-Oct-2015, 00:53)hrky_zmaj Wrote:
(23-Oct-2015, 00:30)hk6230 Wrote:
Regards , Hrky

Anyway, we will await for Confused's report.  Big Grin

toslink! there is no place for toslink in high-end ! IMHO, Hrky

My bad, actually it can accept digital Coax input, too. And, output can be Coax, toslink or BNC.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I've been using one with a LPS to reclock the Apple TV output. Makes an appreciable difference when watching movies and TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
• Devialet 400 + Magico Q1
(23-Oct-2015, 00:53)hrky_zmaj Wrote: toslink! there is no place for toslink in high-end ! IMHO, Hrky

Maybe not.  However, I don't think this is about getting the ultimate sound quality from a Devialet.  For that use AIR. a dedicated streamer via AES/EBU or whatever.  However, sometimes I do use the Devialet fed via toslink direct from my TV.  Unfortunately my TV does not have AES/EBU or SPDIF output, not many do.  So I think the reclocker is all about making the most of "second line" sources.
An area that exists for the reclocker is one I don't believe anyone here has mentioned is for use with the Sonos ZP/80, 90 or Connect. It allows streaming from all the usual suspects with results that are indistinguishable from the more expensive 96k modified Sonos. I have an 9yr old Sonos ZP90 that was modified by Cullen Circuits before they became Wyred 4 Sound a few years back. This summer I purchased a new 96k Connect from W4S just after the D200 to keep as a backup in the event my old ZP90 is on borrowed time since its almost 10 years old. Years ago I gave one of my unmodified ZP90's to my oldest son who now uses it with a Remedy Reclocker. Neither of us can hear a difference when streaming between it and the modified 96k Sonos. If you bought both pieces new they would cost $740 while the 96k Sonos would set you back $890. Of course there's the extra box & cabling to deal with when using the RR but SQ remains identical between the two systems. My son doesn't have the budget I do so its a great option for him. And since the 96k Sonos is the only thing I stream from using Deezer Elite with no plans of future changes I'm content as is. Of course the Sonos software to me today is both familiar, bullet-proof and all I need in the sand lot I play in.

An additional benefit of note is that when I tried the RR with my 96k Sonos there was a marked improvement! On sound alone I would buy it in a heartbeat. Only reason I haven't is the "here-we-go-again" melee with boxes, cords, cables et al. I'm too smitten by the wall-mount Devialet and complete absence of all that other crap. Minimalism reigns supreme round these parts of late.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(23-Oct-2015, 14:55)Manoet Wrote: An area that exists for the reclocker is one I don't believe anyone here has mentioned is for use with the Sonos ZP/80, 90 or Connect. It allows streaming from all the usual suspects with results that are indistinguishable from the more expensive 96k modified Sonos. I have an 9yr old Sonos ZP90 that was modified by Cullen Circuits before they became Wyred 4 Sound a few years back. This summer I purchased a new 96k Connect from W4S just after the D200 to keep as a backup in the event my old ZP90 is on borrowed time since its almost 10 years old. Years ago I gave one of my unmodified ZP90's to my oldest son who now uses it with a Remedy Reclocker. Neither of us can hear a difference when streaming between it and the modified 96k Sonos. If you bought both pieces new they would cost $740 while the 96k Sonos would set you back $890. Of course there's the extra box & cabling to deal with when using the RR but SQ remains identical between the two systems. My son doesn't have the budget I do so its a great option for him. And since the 96k Sonos is the only thing I stream from using Deezer Elite with no plans of future changes I'm content as is. Of course the Sonos software to me today is both familiar, bullet-proof and all I need in the sand lot I play in.

This is what I will be using a RR for, if I buy one. Does RR really makes a huge difference for Sonos Connect?

If you can live with the additional box, cords, cabling etc its virtually identical to the 96k Sonos ZP90/Connect. Add it to a previously modified 96k Sonos and its even better! But its a difficult chaos from which to make order on my desktop. There could come a day if I were to tastefully hide the additional clutter out-of-sight... just not today.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!