Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 trouble
My 200 is just over 14 months old with no problems until last night.
I stream iTunes from my iMac over Ethernet using the "remote" ap but after 1-2hrs on highish volume I started hearing a fast slapping type noise over the top of the music. At first I thought it was the amp then I thought the speaker drivers had come adrift but then thought it couldn't happen to both. I tried again today with no issues.
I must now assume it's a temperature issue and can happen again.
Has anyone else had a similar experience or can throw any light on it?
Cheers 
(01-Apr-2015, 07:17)Davyboy Wrote: My 200 is just over 14 months old with no problems until last night.
I stream iTunes from my iMac over Ethernet using the "remote" ap but after 1-2hrs on highish volume I started hearing a fast slapping type noise over the top of the music. At first I thought it was the amp then I thought the speaker drivers had come adrift but then thought it couldn't happen to both. I tried again today with no issues.
I must now assume it's a temperature issue and can happen again.
Has anyone else had a similar experience or can throw any light on it?
Cheers 

Hi and welcome to the forum

What you have experienced is what is commonly known here on the forum as the infamous "white noise" and this is a known issue with Devialet Air.

On the forum here search for "White Noise" and "Hot Air" and you will find wealth of info and details. Unfortunately Devialet is aware of the issue and promised long ago to address it but nothing to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Thanks Amabrok.
What's the fix, is it totally Devialet's fault or a problem due to a S/W mismatch between Apple and Air?
Hope for fix soon.
Apparently there seems to be nothing we can do as Devialet Expert owners. It had to be fixed with a firmware update from Devialet..

The thing with white night is that It is inconsistent. So not all owners get it and those who do can not reproduce it consistently.

Also if you check "a lot of hot air for Devialet" thread you will see the different steps, attempts and trials done to overcome this issue but to no avail.

I have personally expressed several times that It is not acceptable from Devialet to be aware of such a major issue affecting one of its core technologies "Air" and not attending to it immediately.. After all the whole Devialet disruptive offering is based on AHD, EVO (which also by the way has bugs in its configurator), SAM and AIR (suffering from white noise). So if you see, two out of the four pillars are buggy!

We are all hopeful that Devialet may release firmware 8.0 around Munich High End Show in May to address all that.

So let's all stay tuned!

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Am I correct in assuming that using a CD transport with optical cable or playing LP's via analogue cable have no issues with "white noise " ie only streaming is the problem?
(05-Apr-2015, 04:22)Davyboy Wrote: Am I correct in assuming that using a CD transport with optical cable or playing LP's via analogue cable have no issues with "white noise " ie only streaming is the problem?

Yes. White noise is only an "Air" problem. Or at least it has been only reported so far with Air streaming

Dubai, UAE
(02-Apr-2015, 01:55)Davyboy Wrote: Thanks Amabrok.
What's the fix, is it totally Devialet's fault or a problem due to a S/W mismatch between Apple and Air?
Hope for fix soon.

Disconnect, then Reconnect the AIR app, at the mac. Works for me every time.

BTW - I have the same intermittent issues streaming to NAD using airplay from iTunes and THAT takes repeated disconnects to resolve.

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA
I just bought a Mac Mini with 8GB RAM, so far using AIR has not generated any white noises. My Mac is connected to my router wirelessly, while my D200 is wired to a switch. So far music up to 24/96 is fine.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

There's a beta fix for Air just for windows but not for Mac as yet but that can't be far away.