Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dali Epicon 2 or Kef Reference 1?
What would be the best option?
Both would be driven by a Devialet 200.
My room is 4 x 5m.
A demo is sadly not an option.
Without a demo, you will have to trust reviews, and you will find many about the Dali epicon 2, but also... they are smaller, more WAF, available in white.
Both have the same bass extension with SAM.
The KEF embed latest innovations, are I think more expensive....
Not sure we have owners of these speakers on the chat....
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(01-Apr-2015, 20:06)stijjgv Wrote: What would be the best option?
My room is 4 x 5m.

I am considering the Ref 1 as well.

Dealer who sold me my 200 says the Ref 1 are killer.  He is not a KEF dealer.  Jeff Fritz at Soundstage says they are unsurpassed above 40 hz.

LS50's and the 200 play nice, so there is that.  Crazy bass w SAM.  My room is 7 * 3.5 m.  Speakers asymmetric on long wall. 

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA
(01-Apr-2015, 20:06)stijjgv Wrote: What would be the best option?
My room is 4 x 5m.

Hi - I'm planning to demo the Kef Reference 1 in May; room is 6m by 3m.  Will report back.   

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
I just had a demo, B&W 805ds with D200.... I compared 1 track (hotel California on Hell freezes over, Rotel CD player) with the GT1s and then... just switch back to the 805ds...
In a few words, more control, incredible balance across the full range of frequencies, tone accuracy (or at least my ears and feeling of the day), the speakers just disappeared.... I really liked the 805ds and I could feel emotion where something was missing with the GT1s.

I wish I could compare with the Epicon 2s...
So for the moment D200 + 805ds, probably my last choice as my dealer will have no possibility for Dali speaker.

If someone has compared both I would appreciate a feedback!!!
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
In a recent test I thought the KEF LS50's to be much better than the Atohm GT1's. In a nutshell you could hear more sounds and the music was more fluid. Used with Devialet 120 and 200. Krell CD and Aurender server.

With reference to the OP I am going to audition the Reference 1's next to the LS50's and something from PMC. Let you know.
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio