Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR won't stay up for more than a few songs
There must be something going on with my system. I have a Mac and I can only use AIR for a few songs before it just shuts down (goes gray). iTunes (or whatever) continues to play but there is no sound on the D200 nor my mac. I have to set everything to get it to work again.

is this a typical problem?
(03-Apr-2015, 15:42)actx76092 Wrote: There must be something going on with my system.  I have a Mac and I can only use AIR for a few songs before it just shuts down (goes gray).  iTunes (or whatever) continues to play but there is no sound on the D200 nor my mac.  I have to set everything to get it to work again.

When you're listening do you have another Mac running with Devialet Air On? It can be the source of your problem. Turn off the Devialet Air on the other Mac.
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.
Are you using AIR via wi-fi or Ethernet?  I guess probably wi-fi, in which case you might want to check the wi-fi signal strength your 200 is seeing - you can do that from the information pages (instructions on Devialet's web site).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(03-Apr-2015, 15:42)actx76092 Wrote: There must be something going on with my system.  I have a Mac and I can only use AIR for a few songs before it just shuts down (goes gray).  iTunes (or whatever) continues to play but there is no sound on the D200 nor my mac.  I have to set everything to get it to work again.

I have the same issue.  It also takes my wireless connection down sometimes.

Worse on youtube than itunes.

I run ethernet into the D200, and use 5Ghz wireless to the macbook pro.

Virtually no problems streaming using NAD / Airplay   

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA
So I think I have isolated the problems to my Mac and Audirvana specifically. I shutdown everything running except iTunes and it works great (wifi or ethernet). Hires files, etc. ..no issues. If I try Audirvana it seems to kill the connections for any other apps (iTunes, etc). Sometimes it will play for a bit with Audirvana then die.

odd.