Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
802 Diamond - D200 vs D400
(06-Sep-2015, 20:41)SteveO... Wrote:
(06-Sep-2015, 17:42)JConfused Wrote: I see some UK dealers are doing a 15% off offer on the companions, considering the price drop a while back to adjust for the euro to £ exchange rate, good deals to be had!  It might be time to pull the trigger!

I've heard this too. Unfortunately a house move comes first, so I may miss out.

I decided the house move is managing quite well enough on it's own, so I pulled the trigger on a companion today. I'll be joining the D400 club very soon.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
I believe that offer closes in 2-3 weeks time. I was considering it myself.
(12-Sep-2015, 20:39)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I believe that offer closes in 2-3 weeks time. I was considering it myself.

Oxford Audio Consultants have certainly got the offer on Smile.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
there are some nice D200 masters in Audiogon if you are fine on buying second hand unit.
(no I don't have anything listed there Smile )

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(12-Sep-2015, 20:39)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I believe that offer closes in 2-3 weeks time. I was considering it myself.

For those that may be dithering, apparently the offer ends tomorrow.
(06-Sep-2015, 20:03)blorbed Wrote:
(02-Sep-2015, 12:29)Stigmater Wrote: P.S
My dealer convinced me that ill better take another D200 master since when time will come it will be easier to sell than D200 companion .

I followed the same philosophy when I purchased my second D250. Not that I intend selling my D800 (anytime soon!)

that is the philosophy. 2 Master unit is better than one. Easier to be sold afterwards.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
Yes, an upgrade from 200 to 400 is definitely something you won't regret, even more so with a speaker using big woofers, such as the 802. Congratulations on the right decision! :-)
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
Is there anyone here with 802 Diamonds? i'd like to hear your experience with the speakers.

From moment i started this thread till now i upgraded to D250 and that upgrade from D200 gave me major impact on SQ that i get with my speakers now.
Highs started to sound really sweet (was bright) , bass more defined and full , mid OK , so in overall the sound is good but i still thought that i don't get absolute bass control.
I took for a home demo another D250 and now i have D800 ( still on loan) , the impact on SQ was not huge compared to financial side of the case Smile ( 12900Eur) , but the impact is present and mainly in the bass area , a little more defined and less smear then with one D250.
Still im not 100% happy with the result, and don't get me wrong , the result is good, its me who trying to reach perfection here and not the B&W that cant provide.

What im trying to say is , if im not completely happy then maybe i should not upgrade to D800, stay with D250 and invest in new speakers?
or maybe invest in different AMP that will bring my B&W to the top?

Month or two ago i went with my D250 to audition Rockport Avior and i have to say that i really was disappointed with bright and lifeless speaker, maybe its the Devialet that i need to blame , i don't know.
The reviews on speakers in general are always great , no matter what . This particuler speaker got one of the best reviews, So i really don't know how such good speakers according to reviewers could sound less then perfect.
The dealer is pairing the speakers with PASS labs and he claims its sound better then with Devialet,
dealer invited me to come back later and check the speakers with PASS labs amp connected since we had no time to do it then, but i didn't had the chance to visit him again since.
Another speaker that i auditioned was Magico Q-3 , as well i came with my D250 and Aurender with all my playlists ready, files that i know well how they sound on my setup at home.

My impression of Magico's speakers with music that i know exactly how its sound at my place was good at first , bass was great, a lot resolution and pleasure, mid's were amazing but,
the speaker was bright at some tracks,
and i know that tasks and i know how it should sound at my setup and its sound good,
I think its unacceptable for speakers with price tag as Magico Q-3 to sound bright!!!

By the way one of the tracks that i relay love to "torture" speakers when i audition them is with George Michael - Feeling Good from new Symphonica album , i got it in High Res and at point that all the orchestra start to play the Feeling Good couplet its just sound bright and unpleasant on Magico's.

So....
Lately im more and more see in different threads here on forum people which are very satisfied with Wilson Audio Sasha 2 , include Guillaume Smile
just a thought , please share what you think .
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
I would go for new speakers. I had a B&W 802 N and was never really satisfied with its sound. The new models are better but also lack tonal balance in my opinion (have not heard the new ones). There are a few options that give good results with the Devialet. I'm using Vivid Audio G2 and a K1 before, much better than B&W. Or maybe Focal, TAD, Sonus Faber...they all have speakers that I would prefer to a B&W...
I have heard the new B&W speakers couple times. 802 D3 with Classe and 803 D3 with Devialet 400. I preferred the 803 D3 with Devialet, but still it was obvious that B&W is definitely not for me... The tonal balance was just too bright. It was easy to follow tunes, melodies etc but I just couldn't relax and enjoy listening.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland