Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR does not connect
On my (quite old) macbook air with Sierra (10.12) I have AIR 3.04 installed. In the menu bar I have the AIR icon and I see my Devialet 220, which is called 'My Deviatlet-ETH' as it is connected via Ethernet. Via the Qobuz desktop app (I am using the month free trial) I used to be able to stream from my macbook via wifi to the devialet (connected via ethernet). I never used air before as I used airplay but as airplay cannot stream high res I decided to use AIR.

AIR worked for a few days but definitely not flawless as I had to restart AIR and / or Qobuz now and then. However, 2 days ago the connection was lost during play and I could not connect again. Under the AIR icon i can still see the devialet but it is grey and I cannot select it anymore. 'Disable Devialet AIR' is checked. I can still use airplay so the devialet is still connected to the network. Under settings of AIR I can also see an IP address and a MAC address. I have tried to reinstall AIR 3.04 but it still does not work. Under 'Sound' in the preferences menu on the mac I can select Devialet AIR under output but nothing happens. In Qobuz I can also select Devialet AIR I have not done any OS updates or whatever so I do not understand what is going on.

Does anyone have a solution for the above?
Devialet 220 pro expert; Focal 1028 Be; Rega RP6; Ortofon Quintet Black
Predictable, I know, but "have you tried turning it off and on again" (the Mac, that is)? Wasn't clear from your post.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Hi Thumb5,

I am convinced that I did reboot as this usually solves most of the issues. However, I just decided to reboot again because why not. Devialet AIR starts up automatically at login so I clicked immediately on the AIR icon when it appeared. The devialet was not greyed out but it changed to grey in about a second or two before I could select it. I tried again but now more quickly. This time I could select the devialet and according to the menu it stayed connected. However, when I start up Qobuz (but I also tried to stream the audio of a youtube video) the devialet gets greyed out again and cannot be selected anymore.
Yes, normally a re-boot would fix it for me - worth trying anyway.

Is there any possibility that there's another device on your network with the same IP address as your Devialet? That might fit with the symptoms you described. A quick way to find out might be to temporarily disconnect your Devialet from the network and then try pinging its IP address, or running a network scanner. such as LanScan If there is another device at that IP address it would probably be a good idea to re-boot your router, the other device and your Devialet. Hope that helps.
Warwickshire, UK
okay... I just rebooted the devialet by unplugging and replugging the powercord. Problem seems solved now and I am able to use AIR again. Bit annoying and I hope this does not happen too often.
Glad you got it working - fingers crossed it stays that way.
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks Thumb. I am not sure what to think of AIR yet.. When I stream through Qobuz and decide to change the bit/sample rate then I have to quit and start AIR again otherwise there is no sound. I was hoping for a bit more userfriendliness. Maybe I'll just stick to vinyl Wink
Devialet AIR has a long history of issues although I thought the latest version, 3.04, was relatively stable. Particularly since you are a user of Qobuz, have you considered using Roon? Their AIR integration is flawless and no longer requires the Devialet AIR driver. Roon RAAT also works... mostly.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA