Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air App on WHS 2011
Hello:

I picked up my D200 yesterday (first time poster). I have been reading the forum messages and information over the last couple of weeks in preparation for getting the unit! Thanks to all who contribute to this forum and site, what a great resource.

I have several configuration options I can set up. MBPro via USB and JRiver works fine. However I'd really like to get away from using the MBPro and try the Air set up with Windows Home Server streaming. Air 2.1.2 when installed on WHS does not see my Devialet. When I tried it on a Win 8.1 PC on the same network it sees the Devialet just fine. That leads me to believe it's a compatibility issue with WHS 2011. I've tried different compatibility modes and making sure the WHS firewall lets the program through.

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks for any advise.

Matthew
Devialet 400; KEF Reference 3; custom built Server 2012 with JRiver & Audiophile Optimizer; med grade wall socket; 10 AWG speaker cable bi-wire & un-terminated; AudioQuest Carbon USB with Jitterbug; Shunyata Venom 3 power cables.
Matthew,
A warm welcome to the forum, and congrats on your 200!
I'm afraid I can't help with your WHS query, but there are lots of clever computer bods on the forum who will have ideas.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
My guess would be that there is some firewall issues preventing traffic. From what I understand there is a multicast discovery process used, are you sure that multicast and the port(s) used for this are open in addition to whatever port Devialet use for data transport.
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
It appears that my firewall settings are allowing Devialet Air.exe through both UDP and TCP. It works with Win 8 and Win Server 2012 machines...something with that configuration is up I guess. Thanks for insights. I was hoping someone on this forum would have been running a WHS with the Air app who may (or may not), have had some tips or tricks...

I look forward to contributing to this forum.

I also tried in on my MB Pro with Yosemite Beta and it does not work.
Devialet 400; KEF Reference 3; custom built Server 2012 with JRiver & Audiophile Optimizer; med grade wall socket; 10 AWG speaker cable bi-wire & un-terminated; AudioQuest Carbon USB with Jitterbug; Shunyata Venom 3 power cables.