Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airplay 2
I'm running a Phantom Gold connected to a Dialogue, which in turn is connected to an Apple Airport Express.

Apple released iOS 11.4 today with Airplay 2.0
I'm waiting to hear back from Devialet support about this, but wondering if anyone knows:

- Can I also use Airplay "1" on the iOS devices, or will upgrading force me to use 2.0?
- Does, or will, the Dialogue support Airplay 2.0?

Thanks
AirPlay 1 and 2 are both supported on an iOS 11.4 device. So you won’t be forced to use one or the other. You won’t notice a difference and everything will still function the same.

Devialet has stated AirPlay 2 will be launching on Phantom/Dialogue but it won’t appear on those until it’s launched officially on iOS. Since it’s now officially launched it should be about 3 to 6 months for it to launch on Phantom.

Until then everything will function the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(29-May-2018, 23:25)What will be better with AirPlay 2?kmjy Wrote: AirPlay 1 and 2 are both supported on an iOS 11.4 device. So you won’t be forced to use one or the other. You won’t notice a difference and everything will still function the same.

Devialet has stated AirPlay 2 will be launching on Phantom/Dialogue but it won’t appear on those until it’s launched officially on iOS. Since it’s now officially launched it should be about 3 to 6 months for it to launch on Phantom.

(30-May-2018, 13:44)ivandolz Wrote:
(29-May-2018, 23:25)What will be better with AirPlay 2?kmjy Wrote: AirPlay 1 and 2 are both supported on an iOS 11.4 device. So you won’t be forced to use one or the other. You won’t notice a difference and everything will still function the same.

There will be quite some advantages regarding the management and streaming if you use more than one device. It will be interesting to see how Devialet will implement it, as AirPlay 2 does some things that Dialog/Spark also do. The main advantage is, you can combine several devices into groups and stream simultaneously (mix & match). The devices can now also be addressed by Apple Home Kit / Siri etc. and you can combine e.g. two Apple Home Pod's for Stereo capability. So it is a much more advanced protocol. To my knowledge there is no improvement in the streaming codec regarding HiRes, but I may be wrong. As long as you have an iPhone/iPad running on iOS 11.4 (or Mac OS High Sierra 10.?*) it becomes a much more coherent experience.

* As it turns out macOS Sierra 10.13.5 does not offer AirPlay 2.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Bose, Sonos and so on, will rollout airplay2 late 2018. I don´t think devialet will be faster than this Smile
i think this depends on the delay from apple. they announced it a year ago..
I get delays playing via AirPlay 2 between my Phantom Rooms.. Anyone else? Using Apple TV with optical input via TV. (know I can adjust delay in GUI)