Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweetroom PEQ success! Plus what’s this cool menu option??
Hi all - I stumbled across the fact that you can add PEQ to expert Pro - how exciting.

Finally got round to measuring my speakers and generated a PEQ file. Copied the numbers into the devialet sweetroom templated and loaded the text file to the SD card. Hey presto!! Smile

I added main and alternative PEQ settings - the only downside is you the don’t get an on / off with the remote then, only Main / Alltermate 

Anyway - all good there I am so happy as I was toying with spending money on a Dspeaker Antimode or Minidsp SHD studio. Is there no end to what a 250Pro can do?

On another note I randomly stumbled upon this weird menu option when cycling through the main menu to check EQ was applied (long press on right button for me)

And then found a cool menu option with the current source and like a flight control style volume indicator - and left / right SPL meters!!

Anyone know what this is for?

it’s only visible when in the menu - I want it as my main display!!!! Smile

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0dbwOMbK...T0vs7zYw4Q
(19-Mar-2023, 10:49)Jamington2004 Wrote: Hi all - I stumbled across the fact that you can add PEQ to expert Pro - how exciting.

Finally got round to measuring my speakers and generated a PEQ file. Copied the numbers into the devialet sweetroom templated and loaded the text file to the SD card. Hey presto!! Smile

I added main and alternative PEQ settings - the only downside is you the don’t get an on / off with the remote then, only Main / Alltermate 

Anyway - all good there I am so happy as I was toying with spending money on a Dspeaker Antimode or Minidsp SHD studio. Is there no end to what a 250Pro can do?

On another note I randomly stumbled upon this weird menu option when cycling through the main menu to check EQ was applied (long press on right button for me)

And then found a cool menu option with the current source and like a flight control style volume indicator - and left / right SPL meters!!

Anyone know what this is for?

it’s only visible when in the menu - I want it as my main display!!!! Smile

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0dbwOMbK...T0vs7zYw4Q

If you use something like roon, which can handle convolution filters, then you only need to buy or borrow a measurement microphone (it sounds like you might already have one), download some free software and follow this guy’s vlogs: https://youtu.be/5YcH7j2-L1Y
Here’s a shot of my original vs. treated traces:        

The results are fantastic and this may be a better way of spending your money vs. Dspeaker or Minidsp.

The meters on the display have been a feature for as long as I can remember. I don’t think there is anything wrong with having this as your main display, but you’ll have to select it every time you turn the amp on.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Cool yes it’s great isn’t it Smile

Only problem I’m trying to play around with measurements and I though my removing the SD Card would remove the DSP but it doesn’t. Do I need to maybe remove the SD card and restart the amp? EDIT - reboot does remove the DSP after removing SD card and rebooting Smile )

And thanks re the menu option with spl indicator - ok makes sense it’s an extra option but I can only display while in the menu. If I exit the menu to access other button like mute / controls it goes back to standard?

Also the volume doesn’t move and the red line is always right up the top near 0db even at low volumes - so I don’t really see the SPL meter move much which is the cool bit Wink
(20-Mar-2023, 13:45)Jamington2004 Wrote: Cool yes it’s great isn’t it Smile

Only problem I’m trying to play around with measurements and I though my removing the SD Card would remove the DSP but it doesn’t. Do I need to maybe remove the SD card and restart the amp? EDIT - reboot does remove the DSP after removing SD card and rebooting Smile )

And thanks re the menu option with spl indicator  - ok makes sense it’s an extra option but I can only display while in the menu. If I exit the menu to access other button like mute / controls it goes back to standard?

Also the volume doesn’t move and the red line is always right up the top near 0db even at low volumes - so I don’t really see the SPL meter move much which is the cool bit Wink

Yes, very cool!  Cool 
I’ve found that if I use my remote to select menu options then I can still turn the volume up and down, mute and change inputs using the Devialet remote app, which is quite handy sometimes, i.e trying different amounts of SAM at different volumes without leaving the D menu etc.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Oh yeah that’s a good idea!
Finally got everything set up sweetly with a sub connected to the speaker inputs to top up below 40hz on my speakers Smile
I decided against using sub out as the sub was adding to a bass hump and the PEQ only works on the speaker outputs.
Smashing stuff!

PS I found out about the menu option with SPL meters and it for troubleshooting only apparently and can’t be set as main display