Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Stand for Phantoms!
Music 
Finally got done with our relocation and decided to go ahead with the over priced Branch / Trees and to my surprise, I figured out that the pricing is like an up-way stock market. I mean literally like stock market. They do not have enough stock but still the price kept on increasing from the way I remembered when it was launched.
Did not / Could not figure out why the hell a stand costs 400 Euro per piece which is like 1/5th the price of my each silver Phantoms. So back in the regular market for some nice stands which do not cost an arm and leg and possibly stay living room and Phantom friendly. Accidentally found these and got a pair of them for my silver phantoms
Height of the Stand - 67cms (Branch is 66.5cm, I guess)
Integrated cable management - Yes
Extra Storage for small Items - Yes
Atrociously priced - No
Here are some of the pics and the link for the product. (I am keeping the name of the product towards the end for all those judgemental folks out there! See it for its merits, if you can  Wink
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S09094952/
It is called Nordli
It can be bought with out the wireless charger unit (but the hole cut out) for about 30 Euro less
Tip: The top of the unit from the store looks like the whole is in the front but while assembling it can be done to the back as well (See my pics) which keeps the cable management better for our use case.

[Image: Devialet%2BPhantom%2BAlternative%2BStand...2BBack.jpg]

[Image: Devialet%2BPhantom%2BAlternative%2BStand...BCable.jpg]

[Image: Devialet%2BPhantom%2BAlternative%2BStand...gement.jpg]

PS: Just moved in and everything is still being unpacked organised. Will post more pics once we have the couch and everything. Just couldn't wait to share this find!
Devialet Expert Pro CI 220 + Marantz SR7013 | Kef Reference 201/2 R200c E305 E301 (5.1.4) |
Marantz Consolette |
Nice work! Smile
I suspect that the drawer underneath will function as a resonance box and you'll probably have trouble with the bass frequency linearity and boomy bass. An easy fix is to fill the drawer with books, magazines or sand to avoid the resonance.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Or just shove in a cushion. Im sure his wife would love a drawer full of sand. :-)
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Two drawers full of sand. Perfect if you have small kids  Tongue
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Wouldn't the top of the table under the Phantom cause unwanted reflections, which a devialet stand wouldn't suffer from?
Sand sounds like a good idea but I guess it is more like a bag of sand. One time I had some speaker stands (I guess Dynaudio Contour or may be some other one?) which can be loaded with sand and so I just started pouring sand in it through the top hole, though wondering how would I get the sand out of it, if I decide not to have sand in it. After a while the sand started coming out from elsewhere and I was like 'this must be a design issue' only to realise that I am supposed to insert a plastic bag and fill that will sand which can be pulled out later if sand needs to be removed. Good old days of learning things!

The possibly situations of loading the drawer or anything else, seem to be easily tuned out (reflections? may be I move the speaker forward on the stand??)
Devialet Expert Pro CI 220 + Marantz SR7013 | Kef Reference 201/2 R200c E305 E301 (5.1.4) |
Marantz Consolette |
Just made a stand for my Phantom!!!!   Machined from solid aluminum

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Now you just have to paint it white. Use Hammerite gloss white. :-)
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
(06-Aug-2016, 21:12)ASH1976 Wrote: Just made a stand for my Phantom!!!!   Machined from solid aluminum

You should make a few more, you could sell them on here I would think they would generate a lot of interest..
(06-Aug-2016, 21:49)robbla Wrote:
(06-Aug-2016, 21:12)ASH1976 Wrote: Just made a stand for my Phantom!!!!   Machined from solid aluminum

You should make a few more, you could sell them on here I would think they would generate a lot of interest..

+2 
Nicely done stands. If I may ask, how much did it cost you?
Marantz Consolette |