Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddye System
(29-Mar-2015, 21:00)Womaz Wrote: [...]
The N100 is something I am considering, would you say its a big step up At present I am little frustrated at my 200 purchase as I love the AIR function but I can only get around 30 minutes listening time before the White noise kicks in. As a new user having just forked out 6k I find this totally unacceptable and I have let Devialet know this. 
So I am in a quandary. I have no funds for a new streamer yet, so currently using my CD player. I am used to having all of my music at my hands as have all my music in Flac files on my NAS drive, so the CD player is not  ideals for me. I love the 200 but do feel a bit let down right now 

That's exactly what makes me waiting (apart my wife Wink)....
I'm not digitalised yet talking about music, and I'm asking myself many questions to build the simplest solution before going with Devialet... and adding new boxes to fix some bugs....
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(30-Mar-2015, 19:00)lede Wrote: That's exactly what makes me waiting (apart my wife Wink)....
I'm not digitalised yet talking about music, and I'm asking myself many questions to build the simplest solution before going with Devialet... and adding new boxes to fix some bugs....

The AIR issues are a real shame as it sounds excellent when it works.
Have you heard the Devialet? Once you do I doubt you will consider anything else. It really is an incredible piece of kit.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Oh yes I did, but no direct comparison, just D120 vs D200 with Atohm GT1SE.
I must admit I also like the Gato DIA-250 that I listened with Dynaudio Contour S 1.4, and he has also streaming capabilities.... and has a good WAF potential !
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Hello Eddie - Excellent setup! Nice shot too. Now I m motivated to work on my setup.

Those planks beneath the D, or N100 - those are wooden planks or granite?. And what about the speakers ?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
The planks are Bamboo. Ikea Aptitlig chopping boards.

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/ikea_aptitlig.htm
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(01-Apr-2015, 18:09)Eddye Wrote: The planks are Bamboo. Ikea Aptitlig chopping boards.

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/ikea_aptitlig.htm

Nice  Smile
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Apologies for being off topic, but if those ikea boards were painted to match my lounge interior, do you think that would alter the benefits of the board?
(02-Apr-2015, 23:21)wikeeboy Wrote: Apologies for being off topic, but if those ikea boards were painted to match my lounge interior, do you think that would alter the benefits of the board?

I wouldn't think so. Then again they aren't really expensive so you could try painting 1 and listen if there is a difference.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Yeah! Just keep an 'Ikea Aptitlig chopping board shootout'  Big Grin
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL