Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Audioquest NRG Z3 power cord
(09-May-2020, 00:21)markush Wrote: Anyone with impressions using a Blizzard or Thunder?

I tried Thunder after Shunyata Delta and did not hear a difference. Plus, Thunder was a pain to manage. Its very stiff and thick cable.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I had Mansoon cable on order which was delivered to me today. I was trying out Niagara 1200 and had Audience power cord between the wall and Niagara while I was waiting for Mansoon.
Audience cord had a nice extended highs.
I replaced Audience with Mansoon cord and listened to my usual demo tracks. It was like someone added another bass driver to my speakers. But the extended highs I was enjoying from Audience suddenly disappeared. I’m not a big fan of burn in, but I’ll check a week from now and see if the characteristics change over time.

My conclusion, one size doesn’t fit all. All depends on system synergies. Niagara 1200 seems to be real deal though. Very dynamic.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
Wow that sounds very promising. I will do a Thunder to the Niagara 5000 and connecting my both Devialets 220 Pro with a Monsoon or most likely the Blizzard. This in combination should be a major step up.
(11-May-2020, 11:54)markush Wrote: Wow that sounds very promising. I will do a Thunder to the Niagara 5000 and connecting my both Devialets 220 Pro with a Monsoon or most likely the Blizzard. This in combination should be a major step up.

Order 1m extra just to account for the long bends you have to make with these stiff cords.

Also, I found that my Blizzards fit a bit loose in the Devialet socket. My cable runs down immedately when leaving the devialet with quite a good bend. Once when cleaning, without knowing it, the cable slit from its socket... Then i noticed it's very easy to pull them out of the Devialet... 

About sound quality: yet, improvement over stock cables. But I am not raving, again making the point that these power lines and conditioners are really subject to your local neighbourhood (I have a dedicated line, quite new house and the street itself is maybe 10y old).
(11-May-2020, 19:21)Stino Wrote:
(11-May-2020, 11:54)markush Wrote: Wow that sounds very promising. I will do a Thunder to the Niagara 5000 and connecting my both Devialets 220 Pro with a Monsoon or most likely the Blizzard. This in combination should be a major step up.

Order 1m extra just to account for the long bends you have to make with these stiff cords.

Also, I found that my Blizzards fit a bit loose in the Devialet socket. My cable runs down immedately when leaving the devialet with quite a good bend. Once when cleaning, without knowing it, the cable slit from its socket... Then i noticed it's very easy to pull them out of the Devialet... 

About sound quality: yet, improvement over stock cables. But I am not raving, again making the point that these power lines and conditioners are really subject to your local neighbourhood (I have a dedicated line, quite new house and the street itself is maybe 10y old).
Oh! Thanks for your input. So when the Devialets are standing on each other you think 1m of Blizzard might be too short? Do you also have an Audioquest Niagara in use?
(11-May-2020, 19:21)Stino Wrote: Order 1m extra just to account for the long bends you have to make with these stiff cords.

Yes, You need to order extra 1 meter.

Improvements also depends upon speakers power requirements in addition to the quality of your input line. I do have a dedicated 20amp line. Thats the first thing to do if it's an option. The enteq meter shows quite a bit of noise on my dedicated line as well.

High Current outlets are not typically filtered (Although Shunyata Denali V2 has removed that restriction).
Niagara's High Current outlets show significant amount of noise on enteq meter, but the dynamics have increased for me. So yes, the improvements are system dependent. For me, they were significant with Mansoon and Niagara 1200. YMMV.

I would love to try Shunyata Denali V2, but they have discontinued the tower model for V2 in US and I have no rac space.
(11-May-2020, 20:45)sam1000 Wrote:
(11-May-2020, 19:21)Stino Wrote: Order 1m extra just to account for the long bends you have to make with these stiff cords.

Yes, You need to order extra 1 meter.

Improvements also depends upon speakers power requirements in addition to the quality of your input line. I do have a dedicated 20amp line. Thats the first thing to do if it's an option. The enteq meter shows quite a bit of noise on my dedicated line as well.

High Current outlets are not typically filtered (Although Shunyata Denali V2 has removed that restriction).
Niagara's High Current outlets show significant amount of noise on enteq meter, but the dynamics have increased for me. So yes, the improvements are system dependent. For me, they were significant with Mansoon and Niagara 1200. YMMV.

I would love to try Shunyata Denali V2, but they have discontinued the tower model for V2 in US and I have no rac space.

Agree completely, the niagara 1200 with the Monsoon from the wall is great.

I have been using this for about half a year now for the phantoms and TV etc.

from the niagara 1200 I all use Z3 now.

I have had the Z3, Monsoon and Blizzards all at home for a long time, alternating on all equipment.

To really judge them, they must be in the same place for at least 1 week and be left alone. this is especially important with the Z3. That one is only after that week or longer at maximum performance.

In my system, only Z3 and the monsoon is left for best results.

For me in my situation it is as follows:

Blizzards: sound filtered and flat.

Monsoons: musically clear and dynamic.

Z3: the most musical one after long periods of playing.

Making the combination and that together with the Niagara 1200 made it winners here in my house
Wow - such a difference in speaker cables. What is strange though is that normally higher ranked power cords should provide a better performance. Maybe they were not all on the same level of burn-in or something else?
(15-May-2020, 13:35)markush Wrote: Wow - such a difference in speaker cables. What is strange though is that normally higher ranked power cords should provide a better performance. Maybe they were not all on the same level of burn-in or something else?

No, all tried for several weeks/months. And checked after weeks by changing the cables.
This is in my situation, in another it can certainly turn out differently.

Audioquest, Garth Powell etc. have indicated with regard to the Z3 that the cables can only reach its full performence in the same place for a long time, at least for more then one week!
I switched my mind - going for two AQ Thunder connecting both 220 Pros. And the other Thunder from wall to Niagara 5000. Any experience from Monsoon/Blizzard to Thunder?