Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Audioquest NRG Z3 power cord
I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered.
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.
I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered.
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.
Hello All,
Just a minor OT comment concerning the Z3.....just installed a Sony 65” OLED TV and, for giggles, swapped in the Z3 used on my CD transport ... the improvement in sound density and colour saturation was obvious and positive...recommend you give it a try.
Best,
Warren
While I’m waiting for a Siltech PC for my amp, I replaced the stock cord with Z3. The difference was enough for me to promptly order 4 more for my other components. I’m using Hurricane power cord with Niagara 5000. I’ll try Z3 with my Plasma TV as well when I get the new ones.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
After reading this thread I was intrigued and went out and bought a Z3 to try. I use it from the wall to an AC conditioner (balanced AC transformer). Compared it to some older cheaper power cords I had - Pangea AC14SE, NRG-2, Shunyata Venom 14 - the Z3 is better than all of those (the Venom 14 was the next best for my use case).

The improvements to soundstage size and clarity were nice.

Because of this I ended up getting an AQ Thunder to replace the wall-to-conditioner cable for my Devialet amps. The Thunder replaced a Pangea AC9SE MkII. It is overall better, and more detailed. Very happy with it. P.S. the Thunder comes with the cheaper 'black' DBS pack. I tried changing that pack to the better 'carbon' DBS pack and it sounds even better.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
I was pretty happy with the AQ Thunder especially after changing the DBS to a Carbon model. The shop made me a good offer and I ended up upgrading it to a Hurricane... the jump in sound quality is significant! Even more clear and more airy all round.

Unfortunately the jump in price was also significant, but oh well time to enjoy it!

EDIT: It's now been a couple of days of me listening to the system with the AQ Hurricane from wall to power conditioner for the Devialets. It is unbelievably good. I didn't think one power cable would make this much of a difference.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
Excellent to hear! I also think about changing Thunder for Hurricane. How would you describe the difference in detail? What power cord are you using between conditioner and Devialet?
+1 in Z3 crew Smile
I was reading this discussion yesterday, and it made me interested does Z3 really makes any difference(s) in Devialet Sound.
I went to the store and took one. Well, don't know is it a placebo effect or not, but seems to me that I hear much more details now especially in highs and treble are more defined. As for bass, seems to me that is somehow tight - not relaxed. But let's see in the next 5-6 days what will happen.
BTW, I was a non-believer that cable in this price range can make any considerable difference. But, I was wrong.
The next tweak might be Niagara 1200. I'm not sure it doesn't kill the dynamics in case it needs to deliver a lot of current in peaks? I heard that this shall not be the case, since Niagara 1200 utilizes passive filters.
How's about your experience with Niagara 1200?
my speakers are Dynaudio Evoke 50. 

thanks
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(25-Mar-2021, 19:06)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: +1 in Z3 crew Smile
I was reading this discussion yesterday, and it made me interested does Z3 really makes any difference(s) in Devialet Sound.
I went to the store and took one. Well, don't know is it a placebo effect or not, but seems to me that I hear much more details now especially in highs and treble are more defined. As for bass, seems to me that is somehow tight - not relaxed. But let's see in the next 5-6 days what will happen.
BTW, I was a non-believer that cable in this price range can make any considerable difference. But, I was wrong.
The next tweak might be Niagara 1200. I'm not sure it doesn't kill the dynamics in case it needs to deliver a lot of current in peaks? I heard that this shall not be the case, since Niagara 1200 utilizes passive filters.
How's about your experience with Niagara 1200?
my speakers are Dynaudio Evoke 50. 

thanks

I did the same upgrade a few months ago and tried also the 1200.
Excellent results with the NRG Z3 but not so much with the Niagara 1200.

I tried it during a week or so, several power cords (Z3, Monsoon, etc) but the sound here was always better without the 1200.
It sounded very dull and fat, with a significant loss of detail, hence I just left the Z3 connecting the Dev.
That´s what happened to me, doesn´t mean the same result in other environment and taste.
Nothing better than testing to reach conclusions.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
I have the exact opposite.

the niagara 1200 is great with z3, monsoon and blizzards. (do tests where they sound best)
you have to give him the chance to play in, but after that it's incomparably good compared to before.

Of course, use these AQ power cords and especially a properly grounded wall socket!

And try also especially the Monsoon.

I use the Z3, Monsoons and the blizzards, depending on the place and the Z2 voor de TV. And this after more than a year of experimenting.