Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Audioquest NRG Z3 power cord
You should polarity check your mains cables.
Especially Devialet products very much benefit from high quality power.
Pardon my ignorance: how do I check the polarity of my cable?

BTW, I have no doubt that high quality power provides benefit to any electronic. I’m concerned whether a cable (without using a power conditioner) might provide an actual benefit.
Even without any power conditioner or filter, just having the right polarity on your devices is really important and definitely to hear also in blind tests.
There are polarity checker tools out there from Oehlbach etc. or you can do a more advanced version with a multimeter.
oh I think I got what you are referring to...
you are suggesting me if I plugged my cable the right way, in case my AQ cable was inserted the inverted way. I'm in the US and the cable plug has a ground pin that is not in the middle of the pole pins, hence it can the inserted only with one orientation. Same thing for the default cable that it replaced.
(02-Aug-2021, 17:48)markush Wrote: You should polarity check your mains cables.
Especially Devialet products very much benefit from high quality power.

Hi @markush
You invoked me to put one question I wanted to do before, but always forgot. 
Polarity. Well, before Devialet I had Primare amplifier. And in the brochure I get with Primare, there was one part, explaining which wire on power cable shall be live-wire and which one is negative. 
I didn’t see in Devialet user guide, neither I read on the forums of importance of it. 
Can you tell us please, which wire shall be live-wire ? (On Primare, left wire was live wire). 
Thanks 

Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
Left side is in phase

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(04-Aug-2021, 05:27)Elztalbiker Wrote: Left side is in phase

Thanks,
I couldn’t find that info in Devialet user guide
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
Got the info from german magazin ‚Stereo‘

I wouldn't trust them so easily.

That should come as standard - and standard says:

[Image: iec-320-connector-standards_550pix-550x252.jpg]

[Image: 1976198200_1356889196.jpg]
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

[Image: 45c98349a25645ecb950138cb2faeaf5.jpg]