Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta-version-of-Devialet-AIR
I built a couple of Gigabyte BRIX NUC PC's for people and tried AIR on them and had problems almost immediately. I will try tomorrow on one of the ones I built (which is still here) with the new AIR Beta and report back hopefully tomorrow evening.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Sorry to report that I had white noise within about 40 minutes, tried both AIR WiFi and AIR cabled and both have the same result. Power off Dev and it goes but is back within 20 to 30 minutes.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Yes like I have stated in another post. I still get the white noise with the beta version. I dont even bother to try and play hi res music now.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
My Devialet is just next to my router and I have not encountered any white noises.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(20-Apr-2015, 14:32)hk6230 Wrote: My Devialet is just next to my router and I have not encountered any white noises.

Yes but are you connected to the Devialet with a USB cable at all?

Why should there be 2 connections to the Devialet? Either USB is used, in which case there is no need to engage AIR, or AIR is used either via WiFi or Ethernet... As far as I understand the issue, if USB is used there have been no instances of the White Noise Problem; it surfaces when using AIR.

I use AIR Ethernet, MBP > AIR Eth > D120, straight from my laptop to the D, no router or hub in the middle. I have had no problems this way, and whenever I had anything resembling those crackling noises the reason was something different: I had chosen a different track with usually a higher bit rate and somehow the laptop got the order to change its bit rate (checked at Audio Midi preferences) but this was not transmitted properly to the D, which still showed the previous bit rate (pressing Source, I think, in the Remote for a second or two brings the D's current bit rate). This "collision" in bit rates caused the problem, which was immediately solved by stopping the track and re-starting it or something like that, that causes the re-setting of bit rate in the D.

I hope Devialet solves this once and for all, and hope this helps those debugging the issue. All the best!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(20-Apr-2015, 21:18)LBameule Wrote: Why should there be 2 connections to the Devialet? Either USB is used, in which case there is no need to engage AIR, or AIR is used either via WiFi or Ethernet... As far as I understand the issue, if USB is used there have been no instances of the White Noise Problem; it surfaces when using AIR.

I use AIR Ethernet, MBP > AIR Eth > D120, straight from my laptop to the D, no router or hub in the middle. I have had no problems this way, and whenever I had anything resembling those crackling noises the reason was something different: I had chosen a different track with usually a higher bit rate and somehow the laptop got the order to change its bit rate (checked at Audio Midi preferences) but this was not transmitted properly to the D, which still showed the previous bit rate (pressing Source, I think, in the Remote for a second or two brings the D's current bit rate). This "collision" in bit rates caused the problem, which was immediately solved by stopping the track and re-starting it or something like that, that causes the re-setting of bit rate in the D.

I hope Devialet solves this once and for all, and hope this helps those debugging the issue. All the best!

L

How do you connect directly using wifi from your Mac to D?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(20-Apr-2015, 14:55)NickB Wrote:
(20-Apr-2015, 14:32)hk6230 Wrote: My Devialet is just next to my router and I have not encountered any white noises.

Yes but are you connected to the Devialet with a USB cable at all?

Yes, I do have USB connected to my D200. Why would this matter? For your info, I have a Win8 Tablet which is now being used exclusively for music playing, connecting to D200 via AIR. Only my Mac is connected to D200 via USB.

I'm not sure if it's possible to connect directly from a Mac (or any other computer, for that matter) to a D via Wifi. As far as I understand it, the wifi module in the D asks for a Wifi network to log on to; the Mac should connect to the same network, and then both should be able to see each other. I connect my laptop to my D using Ethernet.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

L

(22-Apr-2015, 02:47)LBameule Wrote: I'm not sure if it's possible to connect directly from a Mac (or any other computer, for that matter) to a D via Wifi. As far as I understand it, the wifi module in the D asks for a Wifi network to log on to; the Mac should connect to the same network, and then both should be able to see each other. I connect my laptop to my D using Ethernet.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

L

OK, I've re-read your message and see that you're connecting your Mac with Ethernet cable directly to your D, and not wifi. My bad. That can be done. But now, the question is will your ethernet cable is of good/great quality in preventing introduction of noises into the transmission of data?

And, of course, we are still debating which interface is better: AIR or USB.

I will opt for convenience for now as I can AIR my music playing on Win8 tablet to my D200. This make my tablet act as a music streamer for my D200. I can use Spotify/Deezer/Tidal desktop player on my tablet, and AIR to D200. This may not be the best audiophile grade streamer solution, but it works and the music quality to my ears is a total enjoyment (keyword: enjoyment.) If I wanted critical listening, I may switch to my Mac Mini which is connected to my D200 via USB.